[FIXED] are there two ways to quote previous posts?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Jan H, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I noticed in some threads that the quotes from previous posts don't always look the same. Is there more then one way to do this?

2. Jan H

When I use "quote", it looks like this. I don't know how to do the other way...

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

You don't mean a quote within a quote?

4. Jan H

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hmmm... this is a weird one. I have no idea why the quote function performs for you in this way.

I will add it to the list...;)

6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Yeah, does the same thing for me. I never noticed it in Version 3.03 but since I've gone over to default I've spotted it a few times. It does make the quotes quite difficult to distinguish from the rest of the post.

7. TheMusicMan

Can I ask those users who are experiencing these QUOTE issues to let me know what browsers you are using please... I have reported this to the software vendor and they have asked me to find this out.

HBB, BBCBari, Jan et al....

Thanks

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Ie 6.0

9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think I have IE 6.0.2600.0
    But I'm not sure (I just cut and pasted that from the IE Explorer proprties)

(BTW, I had two different types of quotes)

10. TheMusicMan

Hi Pat

Any chance of a screenshot please..? that sounds weird and I should like to see please...!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    previous posts
    ways
    threads
    quotes
  12. DublinBass

How do you do a 'screen shot?'

13. TheMusicMan

This is usually done by using the key combination cntrl-alt-PrntScrn

This takes a copy of the current screen and puts it into your PC's temporary memory. You will then need to paste that into say a graphic app or even MS Word, by opening a new document and pressing ctrl-v then save that Word file to a location on your PC - say My Documents - and then start a reply to this thread and use the attach tool to add it to the reply here.

If the file is too big (i.e. greater than 50K) , you can send it to me via email -> john@themouthpiece.com and I will post it for you.

14. DublinBass

Not working : (

I'll have to take a good old fashioned digital picture tomorrow (it is past my bedtime on a school night) and get back to you tomorrow.

15. TheMusicMan

Can I ask a stupid question here folks.... you are actually pressing the QUOTE button are you and not just copying the text...?:-?:-?

Sorry... had to ask....

16. Jan H

E-mail with screenshots is on its way....

I use Mozilla 1.0 Preview Release and to quote, I normally use the "quote"-button (I don't use the quick-reply button when I want to quote)

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm using IE 6 as well...

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

For some reason, some of the quotes are not picking up the inverted commas around the person's name: ie instead of

19. Jan H

20. Jan H

just some testing here....

all the quotes look the same to me when use the tMP theme...

after switching to the Default theme, they all look bad (no blue box around the quotes)

but after editing this post in the Default theme, all three quotes suddenky look OK????

Now I switcehd back to the tMP theme, and the quotes still look like they were in the Default theme (so with the blue box, not with the fancy quotation mark graphics)

After editing the post in the tMP theme, the quotes are again like they were in the beginning (with the fancy quotation mark graphics)

conclusion: some VERY strange things going on here... As a tMP-theme user it doesn't really bother me, but for the default-theme user, I can imagine that it is quite annoying to have the unclear quotes (without the blue box), which only seems to happen when a quote is made with the tMP theme, but viewed in the default theme.

21. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Having switched from my usual "Default Style" to "tMP 3.03" I see what you mean. In the latter the quotes come out correctly, but not in "Default". Over to the technos I think ;)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    previous posts
    ways
    threads
    quotes