First time member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RobBari, Apr 26, 2007.

1. RobBari

RobBari Member

Hi, Currently playing 1st baritone with Markham and district in south Wales.
    Started playing with Tredegar in early 70s gave up playing completely during 80s and 90s about 17 years in total. and now back and enjoying playing again. Has anyone else given up playing for this length of time and then come back; was lucky enough to play with Tredegar at nationals when they came 2nd in 2003.:)
    Outside banding i work for the NHS ( over 30 years) in clinical microbiology.
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Rob. We've actually had quite a few recently who've said they've recently returned to playing after a break. Hope it all goes well, and we shall look forward to reading your contributions on tMP.

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Indeed, welcome Rob.

I am currently in a break from playing myself - 7 years in total now. Have played occasionally and helped bands out. I wonder if it will be 17 yrs before I start again eh)

Welcome to tMP Rob... :hi
  4. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

You will need to dust your cornet a bit then by June 1st, John!! I'm sure you'll find you haven't lost it!!!:biggrin: ;)

Oh, welcome Rob......sorry have hi-jacked your thread! Hope you enjoy tMP......:tup