Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Jan 29, 2007.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Well... how very exciting!

Just a few doors down at the end of the road the house was kind of a bit on fire! So we (7 girlies in my house!) got to gawp at 15 or so firemen! What a lovely way to spend 25 minutes or so of your afternoon!

They were very well behaved and didn't seem to mind too much about us trying to decide which was the best looking or the wolf whistles!

You see we did actually notice something other than whether they were good looking or not....

some had yellow hats
    some had white hats
    some had a different type of yellow hat a bit like a motorbike helmet

one had a red and white checked tabard
    one had a yellow and black checked tabard
    and one had a big whiteboard thing on stick!

What do all these different things mean?

Everything is all fine now, and the firemen have stripped off (yes we did watch!) and gone back to the station!

2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Fiona Fiona Fiona.

The point is this is totally irrelevat. Do we really care about the hats they are wearing?....It's whats under the hat....and the jacket......and the trousers that count!

Did you have the chip pan fire demonstration last term. Most firemen are indeed very fit- but not all of them are so be aware!

Exmouth seems to be full of drama at the moment- i had 2 police cars and an ambulance outside my house on sat night. Not really sure why but it passed the time for an hour! :0
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yellow hats = firefighter
    Yellow hat like M/cycle = as above but with visor down
    White Hats= Officers
    Tabards are Breathing Apparatus and Incident Controller
  4. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Seven excitable ladies? I wonder why?;)
  5. meandmycornet

There were police cars and ambulances outside Liz's on Saturday aswell.. well opposite... we decided somebody had died in the old people's home!

We all decided that we wouldn't refuse a fireman's life, and we also wouldn't refuse a firemans hose :tongue:

They've all gone now :( there were actually two fire engines with flashy lights and nee-nors and everything!
  6. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

what's the big whiteboard thing on a stick then?
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Here you are Fi, my baby just for you.
  8. meandmycornet

Why is his costume red? These geezers were bluey/black!
  9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Different Brigades have different colours it would seem. :)
  10. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Was this 'fire' at a hen night?
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Different brigades choose different colours, and the photo is of a London Fire Brigade operative.
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Maybe they were covered in soot? :tongue:

Shouldn't you have been in lectures rather than watching firemen?? :tongue: :rolleyes:
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I used to know someone who was Mr. November in the Firefighters Calendar... haven't seen him for ages though.
    When I pranged my car back in June LittleBabyBadger got far more attention from the firemen than I did. Not fair.
    So, rapier. Your gorgeous son takes after his mother then does he? :tongue:
  14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Sorry Badger, most say he looks like his Dad. (And if I ever find out who that is, I'll give him such a kicking)
  15. meandmycornet

Yes :tongue:

Ooooh we've had some fire safety leaflets from the firemen! :tongue:

Katy (who's uncle is a fireman.... therefore she doesn't like firemen) says they have to put leaflets in the doors of the houses nearby.... just because silly lady let her house burn doesn't mean we're going to be silly enough to burn our house!

On a different note.... I have decided that I'd like a fireman for my birthday :D
  16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I believe Fireman Sam might be available.

I should have been a fireman. With my physique and good looks I would have been brilliant at it.
  17. meandmycornet

You'd get to press the neenor button aswell I bet!
  18. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Ah well. Maybe he'll grow out of it.
    My other little brother wants to be a fireman. I think he'd be quite good at it. Especially the rescuing young ladies. He likes young ladies.
  19. meandmycornet

But isn't it normally old grannies that need saving? And surely it would be quite hard to get a badger shaped costume for him? and how would he get down the pole?
  20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Who doesn't? :D

We Rapiers all look good in Uniform. I have a soldier one, to go with the firefighter too.