Fire, fire!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Definitely toast...

He's right to put it into context, but it still a bit sad. Does anyone remember Rex the Runt?
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Considering the ridiculous amount of his life that he's put in to producing the films that all this stuff was associated with he must be absolutley sick to the bone that it's gone...and he still found the ability to appreciate it's no big deal at the side of recent events.

Sounds like a man with his head firmly screwed on (if indeed a man that devoted his life to taking pictures of unbelievably slowly moving plasticine objects can ever be deemed as having his head screwed on properly :redface: ).
  4. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Without knowing anything of the details, the cynic in me wonders just how much it would cost to buy a full page front page advert on several major tabloid newspapers plus primetime TV coverage if you were just releasing a film which has the potential to be a major blockbuster.
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

sounds like something Wallace and Grommitt could investigate! :biggrin:
  6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Didnt Nick Park leave some oscars in a taxi as well. Seems like a bit of a dumb ass to me (but a very rich and successful one ;))
  7. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I wonder if it's a coincidence that one of the lines in the film involves a policeman saying:

"If you ask me, this was arson"
  8. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

Perhaps given the recent poultry-related discoveries in Turkey and Romania, it was a pre-emptive cull of the cast of 'Chicken Run' to make sure they didn't give us all Bird Flu?!