Fire at Faireys?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by towse1972, Nov 5, 2010.

1. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

A friend just told me that Faireys bandroom was burned down this evening? Is there any truth in this? How ****** awful.....

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Faireys
    Faireys bandroom
    friend
    evening
    truth
  3. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Confirmed. What a shame. I hope Milnrow can help out in some way, shape or form.

4. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

Terrible news ! Poynton will,I am sure help as much as possible.

5. les

les Member

Can't believe how years of history kept in the bandroom like the certificates from contests dating back to 60's and all those photo's are just gone! gutted!!

6. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

What awful news, hope the cause of the fire was accidental...horrible to think that someone could do something like that!
    Chin up guys and girls...sure the banding world will be there to support you in anyway they can!

7. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Absolutely awful news, couldn't have happened at a worse time with the band really on the up. All the best on getting back on track ASAP and lets hope if it was some kids playing with fire/fireworks, that the little c***s get a firework shoved up their you know where as punishment. Not ****** likely...

8. Vinny

Vinny Member

Fairey Fire

I've just returned from the bandroom.......all reports are true ...myself, Jimmy, Alan, Jim, Tanya and Mike have been trying to salvage what we can...all that history gone.......

Vinny

9. Mephi

Mephi Member

That's an awful thing to happen to the band, I'm sure everyone will pull together to help you, but it won't replace that heritage around the bandroom! Regards to you all!

10. Frontman

Frontman Member

So sad to hear the news, if we at Boarshurst can assist all you need to do is ask.
    Even if it is just a rehearsal room for the time being, all you need to do is contact me..

11. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

This is terrible! Sue everyone here at Crewe Co-op will help in any way they can. :(

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Faireys
    Faireys bandroom
    friend
    evening
    truth
  13. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

OMG!! How terrible. Always awful when this happens. Bodmin Town Band's Bandroom went up a few months ago as well. All the best for getting back on track!! Good luck Fairey's!!

14. Goldie Horn

Goldie Horn Member

We're too far away in London to help-but we would have done if we were nearer.

So sorry to hear this, thoughts are with you

15. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

Awful news, good luck to the band, hopefully there is some stuff that can be salvaged.

16. barrytone

barrytone Member

Terrible news, bandroom can be rebuilt, sure it was insured but all those certificates, music, history - gone forever, so very sad. Can't imagine how I would feel if it happened to us, great to see so many bands offering to help, pulling together in times of trouble. Best wishes to all at Faireys

17. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

What awful news, even sadder if this turned out to be a malicious act, or some little toe rag with a firework thinking they're clever.

I seriously hope this doesn't halt the progress that Faireys have made over the last few months, and wish them all the best for getting back on their feet. Good to see so many offers of help and support from local bands

18. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

Just to keep people in the picture.....
    There was a fire at the bandroom last night.
    According to the fire brigade it was started from outside.
    Everything in the main room (percussion, stands, chairs, mutes, uniforms etc) are destroyed.
    Fortunately the basses were in their cases so are ok (the cases are not).
    The library and everything wherein remains intact.
    Many of the historical photo's and certificates were in frames so although they are very black and smoke damaged it is hoped most can be saved.
    Thank you to the many friends who have offered their support, especially to Northop band who are lending us their percussion for tonight's job in Wrexham.
    It is at times like these I realise why I am involved in this great movement.

19. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

Sorry forgot to say many thanks to Fodens for the offer of their percussion tonight also, much appreciated.

20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Terrible news. I really hope you recover as many of those irreplacable items as possible.

21. leylandband

leylandband Member

As posted through our facebook group, Leyland Band extends the offer assistance in any way we can. So sorry to hear of the potential loss of so much historical memorabilia.

22. Euphprechaun

Euphprechaun New Member

Thank you to everyone for their kind words, thoughts and generous offers of help. It does mean a lot to the band.

Gary Curtin
    Principal Euphonium.