Fine Music for Euphonium

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by suevel, Jul 30, 2007.

1. suevel

suevel New Member

Hi Folks,
    I will give the UK premiere of 'Little Suite for Euphonium' by Ohio composer Elaine Fine next saturday (4th.) at St. Mary's.
    Elaine sent the music to me a couple of months back and I was delighted to get this new unaccompanied work and to be able to give the first UK concert performance.
    There are 3 short movements, a Preludio, very much in the classical style, a passionate Reverie and finally a humerous Puppet Dance. The work was written for American euphonium soloist Chris Dickey.
    Brass at St. Mary’s, Church Street, Slough, Berkshire, UK Saturday, August 4th.
    Euphonium Recital no.27 Charley Brighton (Sponsored by Willson Band Instruments of Switzerland)
    Malcolm Stowell, Piano & organ.
    12 noon admission free
    Programme of Music; (played on the Willson 2900 Euphonium, except where stated)
    Muckentanz,C. Bayrhoffer (originally for violin)
    UK Premier; Little Suite for Euphonium (unaccompanied)
    Preludio, Reverie & Puppet Dance
    Elaine Fine (Ohio, USA)
    Lullaby (from The Consul, 1960) Gian Carlo Menotti (1911-2007)
    played on a Highams 1891 5 valve Euphonium
    Recitative & Prayer, from Grand Symphony for Winds, op.15 Hector Berlioz (1803-1869)
    played on a Highams 1914 Euphonium with organ accompaniment
    Cradle Song, Tchaikovsky (1840-1893) originally for violin
    played on a 1912 Hawkes Cavalry Tuba
    Arabella, theme & variations by Barrie Chester
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk
    Free parking, courtesy of Keywest Ltd. Windsor Road Slough, opposite Slough Police Station
    http://www.stmarys-slough.org.uk/aboutsm/parking.html