Finals in Harrogate

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Straightmute, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I'm assuming that the order of sections at the Lower Section Finals in Harrogate will be 4 and 3 on Saturday and 2 and 1 on Sunday, as usual. Can anyone from the bands who have already qualified tell me any different?

2. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I wish I could tell you David, I've been trying to obtain that information myself, for the sake of booking hotels and stuff, but can't find it anywhere.

Can't see why they would change it though :?
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

The 2nd section is definately on the Sunday, our committee have been sorting busses and hotels etc so they must be pretty positive that it is on the Sunday. Dont know bout the others though so I presume it is the same as last year.
  4. Di

Di Active Member

The programme from the Midlands Regional states:

Fourth section: Three bands qualify for finals in Harrogate on Saturday 11th September.

Third section: Three bands qualify for finals in Harrogate on Sunday 12th September.

Second section: Three bands qualify for finals in Harrogate on Sunday 12th September.

First section: Two bands qualify for finals in Harrogate on Saturday 11th September.

Assuming that the programme is correct ......

Hope this helps :D

See y'all there. :D
  5. winterman

winterman Member

Well we have already managed to get our provisional hotel booking sorted and we are on the same understanding as the Midlands programme..

As far as we know 1st section is Saturday..

Mic Tyler
    Principle Euphonium
    Drighlington Band
  6. Straightmute

Great - thanks for your helpful responses. D
  7. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Very efficient, this place is good sometimes :D

So, Saturday for the Fourth section, I'll assume that we will be the first section on. Any ideas on that?
  8. Straightmute

If Torquay was anything to go by, the Finals can be a long day. Expect to start very early in 4 and 2, or play very late in 3 and 1!!!

I asked the question because a number of bands have already asked to use our bandroom and we're planning to arrange a schedule which will allow maximum usage. But that's for next week - the small matter of Tristan Encounters looms much larger now...

9. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Oh i remember Torquay well........played with Broxburn Public and played at about 11.30pm on the Sunday night. Thank god the place we were staying at kept the bar openm until 5am, but it certainly wasn't good from a contesting point of view.

I heard that Dundee was a lot better in terms of organisation, so hopefully they can keep up the trend. But then again, if 4th section are first on the Saturday then I won't mind, I'll be merry by Saturday afternoon anyway :lol:
  10. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

if we get the same situation as Torquay again, will the bar get closed at around 11.30?? i seem to remember a number of people 'trotting off into the town last time and missing the results!