Finale 2012 released

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by GJG, Oct 7, 2011.

1. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sibelius
    case
    banders
    Sibelius-occupied territory
    limited relevance
  3. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

I am certainly interested. I have been waiting and badgering on the Finale forums for the last couple of months for news of this.

4. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Does anyone know if any UK retailer has a copy yet?
    Music Room, the Finale main dealers still haven't shown any on their website other than multiple licences, not a lot of use without the full version.

5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

As I understand it, Musicroom are expecting delivery "imminently", whatever that means. In fact, Fin2012, for the first time can be purchased direct from MakeMusic as a downloadable installation, with an optional extra charge for "hardcopy" back-up/installation media (for which of course you have to pay rip-off import duty/VAT/Shipping charges.) Which means we could have had it a month ago, but only by paying through the nose for it.

6. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

I E Mailed Music room and received the reply on the 22nd November, "it is still not yet released to the UK", but they will let me know as soon as they have it. Still waiting.

7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Just had my e-mail from Musicroom to say it's now in stock.

8. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Now for a tale of woe.
    Via Music Room much earlier this year, I ordered the then current 2011 version large upgrade (I have 2006). It turned out to be out of stock. However by the time that their own period of order had run out, they still didn't have any in stock, so they cancelled the order.
    I decided then to wait till the 2012 version was released and when they had it in stock, I placed, or at least tried to place an order. They insist on you sending the serial number of the previous version, that is when I ran into a brick wall and was told by the automated system the number was invalid. I got in touch with them about this and was told action would be taken. At present moment nothing has been done, so I then found another company selling the upgrade, but without them asking for the serial number, or even any proof I held an earlier version, they sent me a copy. It was then I found that the serial number was blocked and couldn't register the darn thing with Make Music, the actual makers of Finale. Accessing my account with them I found the earlier attempt to buy the 2011 version, although the order was cancelled by Music Room, the serial number is at present registered with Make music as me having 2011. Which of course I don't. Had I known that I could have ordered the much cheaper, and registered, the small upgrade to 2012 from 2011.
    I am now in limbo till I get some reply from Make Music regarding how I register this disk I now have.
    Because the serial number is registered now to a large upgrade to 2011, this means that any other large upgrade to 2012 is blocked.
    I await a reply to my query from Make Music/Finale after having made them aware of the circumstances.