Final Call - Holland August 2004 KSB

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tubafran, Jun 9, 2004.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Re: Holland Trip

What does the instrumentation look like for the trip? You said there about 40 players, so is that 10 cornets, 4 horns, 4 Euphs/baris 4 trombones, 16 tubas :wink: and 2 percussionist?

Are there any extra horns so we can rotate in for BEvERages to, or just the tubas? :cry:

PJH

2. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

S'possible that I could fill in on horn if required, but only if you go to the bar for me!

3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Re: Holland Trip

Only 6 tubas needed to make a tremedous sound :wink: . Total complement at moment is 11 cornets, 1 flug, 6 horns, 3 euphs, 4 baris, 9 troms, 6 basses and 1 kit. (I think that means we all get time off for bevies except the cornets :D ) (and the kit player of course - :) )

4. Well Worth It

Might have to bribe Garry in the hope of some tacet drum parts then!

5. DublinBass

You could request "Life Divine" to be on the programme. It's about 12 minutes long and has no percussion. That could give you the chance to snag a pint :wink:

6. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Don't start all that 'out of round' business, they almost came to blows last year!

It wouldn't be a night out drinking if Tim didn't get the huff and walk off at some point! (Only joking Tim :wink: )

7. timbloke

timbloke Member

paid my final installment today... wooohooo :roll: i think, although when i look at my bank balance it may be a different expression :shock:

8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Holland Trip

If you think that's going to be a shock wait to you get in a round with Andy :twisted:

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Or "out of a round" with Andy even!! :twisted:

10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

OK this is the final incentive for a few more cornet players to join this trip. We have thought long and hard over what we could do to get you guys interested in coming and we have now made the decision.

This decision follows a serious sociological experiment undertaken on our weekend tour of the Lake District. We invited two players from Hepworth (clearly a band in the zone at the moment) and set out traps to see what they wanted from a band trip. We arranged for a pub that stayed open all day and only closed when you couldn't drink anymore, we prepared a massive meat BBQ and finally a smattering of unattached and very friendly ladies.

Well this seemed to work on all fronts; they played with the band, drank until they couldn't drink anymore and got VERY friendly with the unattached ladies. BINGO we have our incentives.

1) Brewery trip in Nijmegen on Wednesday 25/08/2004
    2) BBQ for the band at the National Resistance Museum 26/08/2004
    3) Lots of single ladies and gentleman.

So any takers or can you suggest more incentive than this?

11. Well Worth It

Careful Fran.
    It's well past Sunday midnight you know.

Shame you didn't manage to complete all the tests yourself.... :wink:
    Left it to your younger counterpart to join me in keeping the landlady up on Sunday!

12. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

What me say something? - no way, a deals a deal, my lips and keyboard are now sealed - wild horses wouldn't drag it out of me but a couple of interested cornet players might get me thinking.

Anyway glad you had a good weekend - can it get any better in Holland?

13. geordiecolin

Having a had my memory jogged by the mention of beer and women I've suddenly remembered a long forgotten talent for cornet playing..... :p

Only joking!!

Glad you enjoyed the Lakes etc, sorry I didn't get to Carlisle but my dad already had my car in pieces by the time I got out of bed and then the trains were all messed up and i don't think i could have got to Carlisle till after 2pm, which considering you were only staying till 3, didn't seem worth the train fare or the twenty minute wait on Hexham station for a connecting train!

Sounds all good, should be back at BBS in a coupla weeks see you then!

14. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Holland Trip - Latest

Ok don't think we will get any more players for this as we leave tommorow very early. However if there are any Dutch cornet or banding tourists in Holland next week please come along to our programme of events as follows:

Sunday 22nd – Six Flags theme park near Lelystad 10.00am to 12.45pm
    Monday 23rd – Dam Square, Amsterdam 11.00 am to 2.00pm
    Tuesday 24th – Grote Markt, Haarlem 11.00 am to 2.00pm
    Wednesday 25th not playing (brewery trip at Nijmegen)
    Thursday 26th - National War Museum, Overloon 1.00pm to 3.30pm
    Friday 27th - Maastricht Outside Liebrau Basilka then Preuvenemint party
    Saturday 28th - Arnhem – Rijnfestival 12.00pm to 2.00pm

If there are any tMPers out there next week please make yourself known to us and we will be happy to introduce you to:

Ploughboy (Emley), Well Worth It (Hepworth), BBCbariUSA and Wife, zuzanna(Barnsley BSBB), timbloke (Stannington), Yorskhire Pudding, James Gamble(Chapeltown), tubajohn(Hepworth), tubafran, sunny_jimbob(Shirebrook) and the players from Killamarsh, Cresswell and Dronfield.

15. JamesGamble

JamesGamble Member

Extra tMP members...

Other tMP-registered players going....

Me! - Soprano Cornet - username is JamesGamble
    Hazel/Amy - Horn/Cornet - username is Dronny Babes :?
    Emma - Cornet - username is (dunno!)

Shame Colin isn't coming, it would have been fun... :wink:

Time is ticking away if you want to get on that bus!

16. timbloke

timbloke Member

I almost had fran interested, she was very tempted and even had a week off work next week, but unfortunatly, she's in lincoln and can't get there for 4.30 in the morning (yes thats AM!!!!!!!!!!)
    Never mind, I'm sure Zanna will blast out 3rd cornet, and the 5 back row cornet players (including James on sop) will be able to compete with the 10 troms and 6 basses going :?

17. timbloke

timbloke Member

By the way, that was supposed to be Claire posting but i can't sign Tim off this thing, so I am now called tim!

18. geordiecolin

Teeeeem!!

19. timbloke

timbloke Member

We're back, but for legal reasons my lips are sealed........

20. DublinBass

Realizing that some things that happen in Holland stay in Holland ;) I would like to say that TubaJohn did quite a fine job filling in as conductor for the **self moderated** who lost? his passport.

It was a great time and will take quite some time to recover from. I can't say enough how nice, friendly and welcoming the Killamarsh Band is. I've now done concerts with to different bands in the UK and everybody is so kind. Are all banders over here like that? It makes banding so much fun :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice