Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Joe Soap, Apr 14, 2009.
Can anyone supply a list of competing bands for this forthcoming contest on 25th April.
That might even be a festival. OOps !
Id imagine you'll get Hazel Graham's email off the contest website, shes the secretary.
Could you or others who have these details put them up.
Can't find a listing anywhere either - all I have found out is that one band (not aware of who) has withdrawn from the second section, leaving five bands..........could work out fine for me, as if we're offstage by 2-2.15 I can head along to Kirkcaldy and watch the mighty Raith take another step towards the league title!
I've edited the thread title.
I know that Shotts are still going and i take it Perthshire are as well.
Any others out there attending?
Tullis Russel are going too.
Lochgelly are going. One of 7 in the First Section I believe.
....along with Newmilns & Galston in First Section.
(All the best for Saturday Paul. Keep up the good work with Lochgelly, you guys will be worth watching. ) :tup
five bands in the second section i gather, and Coalburn in the 3rd are attending.
1. Clackmannan District (P. Kiernan)
1. Newtongrange (N. Boddice) 190
2. Lochgelly (P. Drury) 187
3. Broxburn & Livingston (C. Farren) 185
4. Johnstone (R. Tennant) 184
5. Barrhead Burgh (M. Ramsay) 181
6. Campbeltown Brass (C. Anderson) 180
1. Arbroath Instrumental (M. Robertson) 185
2. Tullis Russell Mills (A. Shaw) 182
3. Croy Silver (K. Blackwood) 181
4. Shotts St Patrick's (G. Lindsay) 179
5. Perthshire Brass (G. Annan) 177
1. Coalburn (G. Bowman) 182
2. Dunfermline Town (D. Neil) 180
3. St David's Brass (J. Dickson) 178
4. McTaggart Scott (M. Bell) 175
5. Buckhaven (G. Evans) 171
1. Brass Sounds Inverclyde (G. Bowman) 179
2. Dysart Colliery (W. Sandell) 176
3. Penicuik Silver (A. Knox) 170
4. Queensferry Community (J. Anderson) 168
5. Stranraer Brass (I. Munro) 167
Callander Brass (I. Milligan)
Well done to my band Lochgelly. They played well and were deserving of a good result.
In fact well done to all competing Fife bands. A good day's worth of results for the home teams!
By the way, who played what?
March - The Contestor (Powell)
Euph Solo - The Wee Cooper O Fife (arr Adrian Drover) Soloist: George Cameron
Prelude to 49th parallel Vaughan Williams arr. Douglas)
Save the Last Dance for Me (arr by little ol' me)
The Little Russian (Tchaikovsky arr. Bill Gordon)
Brox burn livi played:
Amazonia from Windows of the World
Stardust ( soloist Mark Bell )
Call of the Cossacks final movement
Tullis played : Fanfare and Flourishes
Carrickfergus cornet solo
It don't mean a thing
Conquest of Paradis
Oops, better hope Johnny Depp doesn't find out.
Well done to all the winners, especially to Arbroath Instrumental. Another victory! Keep up the good work
Perthshire played................badly, apparently 'cos we were last in our section!!
Not too down about it though, probably 6 of our more "senior" players were unavailable for various genuine reasons whilst another two players called off very late leaving us one cornet, one horn and one perc light on stage.
For the record we entertained the masses with:
Cortege from "Mlada"
Over the Rainbow (flugel solo)
The Old Rugged Cross (Alan Fernie's trombone feature version)
Separate names with a comma.