Fife Brass Band Festival 2005

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by dundee_horn, Apr 23, 2005.

1. dundee_horn

dundee_horn New Member

When the results come in for the competition could someone please post them on here because I wouldn't know where to look to find them and I wont see anyone else who was there until Monday.

Thanx :)
  2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Full Results from the Fife Festival of Brass
    Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline
    23rd April 2005

Championship Section

1. Kingdom Brass - 192
    2. Newmilns & Galston - 189

Best Instrumentalist - Cornet, Kingdom Brass
    Best Basses - Kingdom Brass

1st Section

1. Easington Colliery - 189
    2. Clackmannan - 188
    3. Broxburn & Livingston - 187
    4. Arbroath Instrumental - 186
    5. Kirkintilloch Kelvin - 185

Best Instrumentalist - Cornet, Easington

2nd Section

1. Clydebank - 186
    2. Lochgelly - 184
    3. Dalkeith & Monktonhall - 183
    4. Tayport - 182
    5. Flimby Saxhorn - 180

Best Instrumentalist - Flugel, Clydebank

3rd Section

1. Shotts - 187
    2. Campbeltown - 186
    3. Perthshire Brass - 185
    4. Tullis Russell - 184
    5. Dunfermline - 183

Best Instrumentalist - Flugel, Perthshire Brass

4th Section

1. Penicuik Silver - 184
    2. Queensferry Community - 183
    3. Stranraer Brass - 182
    4. Brass Sounds Inverclyde - 181
    5. Dundee Instrumental - 179
    6. Dysart Colliery - 178

Best Instrumentalist - Eb Bass, Queensferry Community
  3. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Well done to all the winning bands, but a big congratulations to Mr Duguid who conducted 3 bands to victory yesterday :clap:
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  4. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Thanks - I was really pleased at the result! Shotts, Clydebank and Kingdom all put a lot of work into the preperation for this contest so it was great for them all to pick up these results and a great boost for each of them with some big contests looming on the horizon when Kingdom perform at the Senior Trophy, Clydebank at the Whitehaven contest and Shotts at the National finals.

Congratulations to all bands - I heard a few in the 3rd & 1st section and the standard certainly sounded pretty high!
  5. Teenibeen

Teenibeen Member

We were very happy with 2nd place in the 3rd section, you dont mind being beaten by a band which is on the way up to the 2nd section. It was all very rushed getting a programme together so soon after the regionals and we had a few rocky moments but with such a young band we were really pleased with how we played.
    Well done Shotts hope you get on great at the nationals and do Scotland proud
  6. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I thought it was a good contest, resultswise I think all sections were pretty spot on and there was a good selection of programmes from all bands, plus the bar was always stocked.

3rd place wasn't bad for a first outing as conductor at B & L, I'm hoping it's a platform for better things. Also congratulations to Alan for his treble success, I think it's fair to say you are now "Superman"