Ferrari cheat again....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Robhibberd29, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Who do they cheat? The paying fans and the rest of us that watched the German Grand Prix on sunday.

I had a very bad taste in my mouth after watching the way in which Alonso won. Disgraceful. You'd think Ferrari of all teams would realise this would be a faux pas as it was their tactics at the Austrian Grand Prix in 2002 that instigated the "no team orders rule" in the first place.

It was blatant team orders that gifted the win to Alonso. Driver's/Massa's decision? I think not! Did you see his face after the race?? Didn't look too pleased to me...

If I had paid to see that race I would demand my money back. It wasn't a race it was ruined and changed into a stage show. A race should be just that, not a decision by a bloke sat in a chair behind the scenes. And whoever's decision it was didn't even have the guts to make the call himself. He had to get Massa's engineer to do the dirty work.

I could really go on about this for quite some time, I'm fuming! :mad:
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

1 rule for ferrari another for the rest of the teams. No change there
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

What I thought was disgusting was the fact that multi million if not billion dollar team were fined $100000 about £67K. This is like my company saying we are rounding down your salary to the nearest pound.

Still, at least they have referred the incident to the FIA who will probably say very naughty, please do not do this again, for at least 8 years, and then we will fine you again...............
  4. Robhibberd29

Apparently that is the maximum fine they can dish out for this particular infringement of the rules...

How do they agree on a figure like that? It's a token amount isn't it which makes it an even bigger mockery and, in my mind, gives a clear signal that this was a "petty" infringement of what is supposed to be a "clear" black and white written regulation.

Yet everyone knows that every single team abuse said regulation to some degree, they just do a better job of hiding it from public view. In other words deceive paying fans and millions of viewers, without which there would be no formula 1 at all.

This regulation needs immediate review. It should either stand and anyone breaking it be suitably chastised or dropped from the regs altogether.

I personally don't want it dropping because I would not watch and support F1 if every race ended like Germany or Austria 2002. That wasn't a race it was a stage show. A race should be the fastest driver over the whole race, not just to a certain point. We all know tyres play a part in varying a car/driver's pace throughout the race. If we took Ferrari's viewpoint of saying at a certain point Alonso was the faster driver therefore you should let him pass you and win, we might as well just have qualifying or time trials and not bother with the race itself. I find it a ridiculous decision and viewpoint.
  5. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Team Orders is not New.

I remember the Lotus JPS and Mario Andretti Circus
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

No, team orders is not new, in any formula of motorsport.

Hence why specific rules were put out against their use a few years back.

I have no problem with team orders, whether allowed or banned. My problem is when the rules are not seen to be applied fairly and equally to all teams on the grid.

But then again, It's always been the way with ferarri. When they designed a car with flexible barge-boards and ran it for three races in flagrant disregard of the rule-book, they were quietly told to put them right for the next GP and nothing more will be said.

Mean time, mclaren lost all their points for a whole race weekend for undisclosed "aerodynamic infringements" which were never again elaborated on.

FIA - Ferrari's illicit assistance.

I don't know what it is about italian manufacturers but the rules in world superbikes always seem to be revised to suit Ducati as well.
  7. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I have to agree - Rule changes and anything else have always been Pro-Ferrari.

When williams had the most Technically advanced car several seasons ago, and were wiping everybody. The FIA brought in a whole raft of Car Restrictions, that just happened to be all the bits that made the williams car the best. The Result? William came nowhere. All that Technical investment wasted
  8. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

On a totally un-related note:
    Isn't Jean Todt the new FIA president? remind me, which team was he formerly principal of? :rolleyes:

On another totally un-related note:
    I notice none of you have joined my excellent (if slightly under-subscribed) Fantasy F1 game. C'mon we've only got 5 virtual drivers so far and it's dead easy to play. Have a look at the thread in this section :tup
  9. Robhibberd29

He was also the one to pass the note to Ross Brawn moments before he radio'd Barichello at Austria in 2002!

I don't trust anyone that looks like Napoleon with a wife as good looking as Michelle Yeoh! ;-)