Female Soprano Cornetists!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Feefee, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Feefee

Feefee Member

Can you name any female soprano cornet players if so who do you think best?

2. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Michelle Ibbottson! Absolutly Fantastic!! ;-) Heard her play at Dyke and was really impressed! (oh.. and she is a fantastic Sop Player ;))

3. Feefee

Feefee Member

Yup I'd fogotten about Michelle!
    I remember now coz i went to see Black Dyke play too and she was fantastic!
    Shes great!

4. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Tracey Redfearn, ex fodens now making her living as a trumpeter. Saw her with Opera North recently, not sure whether she is freelance or that is her 'day' job. She is a terrific player.

I have also been impressed with Alex Kerwin this year, UK's loss is definately NZ's gain!

5. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Alex Kerwin is pretty fantastic I would have to say. Really nice person too!

6. Feefee

Feefee Member

can anyone name anymore?

7. Trog's

Trog's Member

There is a young girl a faireys, cant remember her name though.

8. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Have to excuse my ignorance of her name, but Faireys have just appointed a female sop player.
    Anyone help out with her name???

9. Feefee

Feefee Member

Rebecca Crawshaw!

Shes a great player!
    And shes a little younger than me! but then again she as been playing longer to my knowledge!

10. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Julie Gemmell was ace before she had to give up playing sob!! And Pauline Murphy (ex Kirky) has a fantastic sound. She too is no longer playing though!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Female Soprano Cornetists
    female soprano cornet players
  12. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Kay MacKenzie, ex Sellers now at Whitburn.

Jayne

13. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Me!!!! .......but i'm not that good,at least not in the same league as the others mentioned here.

14. Syrup

Syrup Member

I once had the pleasure of doing a massed bands concert sat between Julie Gemmell and Tracey Redfearn. It was fantastic, the concert wasn't bad either......

15. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I know we're only a 1st Section Band, but our Sop player at Kippax,Faye Thompson, is "Sound as a Pound"
    A rock steady Concert Soloist and nerves of steel on the Contest stage - always does the job, no splits no wobbles.
    Her trade mark is chewing gum incessantly (Probably to keep the spit flowing !!)
    - If you read this Faye - I'm sorry for leaving you in the lurch with unloading the Band Van last week !! - am I foregiven yet ??
    - Ian W.

16. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Me and Rachel From st Austell!

17. pegleg

pegleg Member

Michelle Ash from London Citadel S.A. Band is very good!!

18. Ali

Ali Member

I had the pleasure of playing at Todmorden with Julie Gemmell and both Becky Crawshaw and Kay MacKenzie at Dobcross (It must be pointed out that Kay only helped out Dobcross, whilst i have also heard her when I depped for Sellers in the past as well). All three are cracking players. There is also the lass that plays sop at Carlton Main. Her first name is Clarie but Im not sure what her surname is. She has also got alot of ability. Played really well at Dobx Band Club a couple of weeks back.

19. Our soprano cornetist is Claire Taylor and she is a great player. She only moved onto soprano in July this year and is featured on our new cd due for release in January. Certainly a player to watch for!

Nick Harris
    Carlton Main Frickley Colliery

20. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

About ten years ago, the New York Staff Band featured Lori (Jackson) Laidlaw on Soprano. She too was very good.

21. leebarrie

leebarrie New Member

I have to agree,she is a cracking player(no pressure Claire)
    And also wee Kay from Whitburn.
    Lee Durrant
    CMFC

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Female Soprano Cornetists
    female soprano cornet players