Fears :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by laurz_oconnor, Jan 10, 2006.

1. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

Since there is like a million threads on here about favourite things and likes thought i'd be different and start a thread about fears and dislikes! And after a conversation on msn i've just had about fears in which i was severely ribbed for being afraid of heights :eek: (yet fine on aeroplanes!) I thought i'd ask if anyone else shares my fear or has any other fears to share with us?! Call me a wimp but I'm also terrified of daddy long legs aswell, eeek i get shivers thinking about them!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fears
    afraid of heights
    daddy long legs aswell
    eeek
    threads
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

My only fear is old age and the inability to do simple, mundane things like go toilet or get about. I refuse to suffer the indignity of it all and certainly wont be growing old gracefully.

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I have a fear of having to pay for steve to drink for a night... other than that everything seems pretty tame...

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

I fear dog poo. In fact, I have a phobia about most poo, especially that found in babies' nappies. I don't want to stand in it, look at it or smell it. Not that anyone does, but just thinking about it makes me shiver.

I'm also afraid of losing my teeth.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I dont like spiders or bugs sometimes, but sometimes I do, its very strange.
    Im also scared of standing on the edge of high things or above water, but its kind of cool too so if you see me standing on the edge of a bridge or something its just because I like the feeling not because I want to chuck myself off or owt.
    I dont like not being able to see outside...
    Im scared of most adults and getting into trouble with them...

7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i have phobias of spiders and geese. :frown:

8. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Lol, got to own up and admit i hate spiders! Apart from that and being a touch claustrophobic, that's it! Oh, and damaging my fingers!

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm not sure they're fears, but they're things that I don't want to happen. Mainly things which result in me letting people down or disappointing people. I guess then the fear is of stuffing up again!

10. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hey don't worry about it, I hate heights too, just something a bit un-nerving about not being stuck to the ground!

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Heights give me the heebie jeebies (although I loved flying and rollercoasters are brilliant (hated the pepsi max tho))

Spiders give me the willies!! Terrified of them!!

Failure, particulary on stage and letting the band down.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fears
    afraid of heights
    daddy long legs aswell
    eeek
    threads
  13. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I'm scared of silverfish, piano exams and high notes. Silverfish just freak me out the way they kind of slide around...ugh, in piano exams my hands shake all the time so I play everything wrong!With high notes I admit defeat before even attempting them so I always miss them anyway :(

14. 1alexm

1alexm Member

(wimp :biggrin: )
    in a nutshell - heights and old age.

15. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

being single forever, dying, heights, public transport incl ferries and areoplanes, not being in control, having no friends, being accused of something serious I havent done and also closed spaces.

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

Spiders and Snakes (pretty normal), not that keen on crowds either, oh and dying! :cry:

17. Lisa

Lisa Member

Spiders (but not really small ones or daddy long legs)
    Walking alone in the dark
    Not death or growing old…although I used to be very scared of this a few yrs ago…but just too happy to be alive in the present right now! :D

Looking silly or stupid - a very big fear for me I think!

18. I was once lay on my bed and just drifted into this weird trance (I realise this sounds absolutely ridiculous) I wasn't asleep, I wasn't half asleep - just like staring. ANYWAY, I had this vision (don't send me to the nut house, im fine) of me falling on some MASSIVE concrete steps, and there was blood everywhere and I THINK i was dead. (Im laughing at myself now). Anyway, I now hate concrete steps. I reeeaaaaally think Im going to die on them.

And when I was little I hated trains. They scared the bejesus out of me, but I appear to have grown out of that one.

19. Lisa

Lisa Member

Oh yeah, when I was little I was terrified of aliens because I had seen an oprah winfrey show(or some other chat show) where the people were saying how they had been abducted by aliens in the middle of the night. I honestly couldn't sleep properly for months after that for fear of being abducted by the aliens in my sleep.

20. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Heights worry me.

No, they don't, they scare me absolutely shotless...

... if I'm standing.

Flying, even in a glider with wings held on by a couple of coach-bolts - ace! Looped the loop in a Chipmunk - great!

But I was sat down and strapped in... (And, in the Chippie, I had a 'chute...)

Ah! It's not the real danger, but the apparent danger... Or maybe merely dislike...

(I hate mice, spiders, gerbils, lickle burdies that fly in the window instead of migrating, and crop on the carpet and defy you to pick 'em up and release them, hamsters, daddy long-legs, 12-year-olds in baseball caps, argumentative drunks (especially in the steet after closing time), mice, adjudicators, smartass arrangers, mice, [yeah, it's a problem just now - old flat, trapped 4 this week. Killing the little sods is OK, it's dumping the corpses in the bin... yeugh! BTW, first mice for several years...] and swigging the last mouthfull of coffee, only to discover [just too late!] it's gone cold....

(P.S. and the Nanny state...)

21. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I have a big problem with bats. I had a rather nasty altercation with one in Scotland and broke about fifteen windows with my screaming.

I used to have a problem with Daleks and the noise the cistern makes after the toilet has been flushed. :dunno

Oh and I'm not overly fond of clowns, although this has lessened since my four year old son dressed up as one at Halloween. He wasn't scary at all. Rather cute in fact.

Attached Files:

22. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry...for a moment there I could have sworn you said "the noise the cistern makes after the toilet has been flushed"?!?!? :-?