Favourite smell / aroma?

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by bbg, May 31, 2009.

1. bbg

bbg Member

Read an interview recently with a professor chappie from some Smell Laboratory somewhere - apparently humans can differentiate between something like 4000 plus smells.
    What smell / scent / aroma is your favourite - perhaps brings back memories of childhood?
    Mine has got to be home-made soup, I'm very fortunate in that my gran, mum, wife (and even father in law) make fantastic soup. Can't beat coming in from work , or even an outside band job, on a winters' day to the aroma of a pot of soup..........mmmmmm

2. killer

killer Member

Claires Lulu x

3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I love the smell of petrol

4. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Babies' heads....not a better smell on Earth...yummy

5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Hmm, difficult to pick one.

The smell when a shower of rain hits hot tarmac in summer - though I don't really know what that smells of - it's just different to any other smell I know.

The smell of a proper old-school bike shop. It's a mixture of fresh tyres, clean oil, brake fluid, chain lube and a thousand other things all mixed together.

Newly-opened bottle of amaretto....

Pannini stickers....

Really expensive two-stroke oil...

Think that's about it.

6. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

As weird as it is - I agree with you. I like creosote too?!!!

7. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

:eek:

I hope you mean when they're still attached to the baby in question? The comment at the end might suggest making soup or something....

;)

8. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

well that's optional....whatever floats yer boat! ;) ha ha!

Personally the smell of babies' heads (attached) is the bestest ever smell ever on the planet...I love it....

Other gorgeous smells are; germolene, sudocrem, lavender, lemon thyme, Hugo Boss Deep Red, cakes baking in the oven, Indian food, Chinese food, Fish 'n' chips....oh I could go on lol!

9. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

I like the smell of a newly polished tenor horn.

10. flugel_fancy

flugel_fancy Member

Oh yeh I know what yo mean if Im in the car and it starts raining I'll open the window and risk getting wet just to get a whiff on newly wet warm tarmac!

Can't explain it though :redface:

I also like the smell of my hair after just washing it with dove shampoo. Though sniffing up hair is not recommended!

11. MrsDoyle

I heartily concur! :biggrin:

12. David Mann

David Mann Member

Smelt mine today: it's a blend of stinging nettles, creosoted fences and allotment bonfires, that takes me back to being 6 and at my Gran's house.

13. MrsDoyle

:clap: lol! Get the power hose out! ;-)

14. Errol

Errol Supporting Member

The small of egg and bacon being cooked on a Sunday morning - especially when it's sunny, you've got up early and are sitting in the garden reading a newspaper.