favourite quality street

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by hoppiebari, Jan 21, 2006.

1. hoppiebari

hoppiebari Member

having returned from an enjoyable evenings rehearsal I've emptied the box of quality street onto the dining table; results:

1 malt toffee
    2 toffee pennies
    2 green triangles
    2 nutty chock chunks
    5 orange creams
    2 srawberry dreams
    3 purple ones
    10 caramel swirls

I've deduced from this that you cant beat a toffee finger or a coconut eclair, closely followed by a malt toffee.

That is all

thank you

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    quality street
    rehearsal
    box
    triangles
    srawberry
  3. HSB

HSB Member

You say "3 purple ones" in such a flippant, tipped 'em across my table, manner. I'm let down, they're the best (the purples). I believe they have some sort of exotic nut in the middle (maybe a big cashew?) bless you! Surrounded by caramel and finally encased in milk chocolate. Purple is best.

At least you know where you are with the big purple ones. I say leave the green triangles well alone, they're not even geometrically consistent (due to their angles being rounded off in transit).

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Triangles then the purple Brazil nuts. However Quality Street are now on my black list! We bought a tin for Christmas and when opened it had NO triangles, very few fudge, hardly any Purples, but loads of YORKIEs!! I don't even like Yorkies! They shall never darken my doorstep again!

5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Yes what WAS with the Yorkie. Also what was with the Monopoly playing cards. All I wanted was my fav chocs, fudge, caramel brazil, strawberry cream!!!!!!!!!

6. julestools

julestools Active Member

Still got a tin left from christmas. I tend to eat all the purple ones, the wife eats the green triangles and the golden flat ones tend to end up in the bin. Got a tin of Celebrations left too. And Malteasers. Couldn't eat any more chocolate.

xx

Jules

7. gawber

gawber Active Member

I love the golden flat ones but am always scared they'll pull my fillings out!:(

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Oh, it's not just me then. :D

9. julestools

julestools Active Member

Ok from now on all left over golden flat ones can go on Ebay. I honestly treat them as ballast in the tin. Thought they were no good to man or beast. Happy bidding

xx

Jules

10. Tracey

Tracey Member

I love the cocnut ones and chunky chocolate ones although I prefer celebrations!

11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

You haven't got enought teeth to eat the flat golden ones. Will happily take them off your hands for a consideration.
    Having said that my favourites are the caramel swirls, although I prefer Cadbury's Roses as a whole experience. And Thornton's Continentals for those really special occasions.
    BMB
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    quality street
    rehearsal
    box
    triangles
    srawberry
  13. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

I hate the gold flat ones! In a moment of madness I did have one over Christmas, and lost part of a tooth as a result!!!!!

I love the green triangles though.

14. Flugel_Player

Flugel_Player Member

I like the strawberry, or the toffee penny, or the orange, its so depressing when u get to the last strawberry one!

15. julestools

julestools Active Member

Could give them a nasty suck though. ;) You'll have to bid for them like everyone else.

xx

Jules

16. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

I love the purple ones!

17. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Oooh the green ones! And the purple ones and the strawberry ones and the caramel ones. We have a tin or them at band :D Not many left now though :p The orange ones remind me of medicine...
    I prefer roses though.

18. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I don't like quality streets... the chocolate is not nice :( I like roses though but only the strawberry ones :tongue: I've got a thing about all gold milk collection at the moment... cus its the only box of chocolates i've ever bought where i can actually like all of them :tongue:..... having said that I gave up chocolate for new years :tongue: i've only eaten half of a twix today though :tongue:

19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Any of the caramel/toffee ones are the best and are fought over. It's always the strawberry/orange/coffee cremes left at the end in the Twigge household.

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I've never really liked any of the cream centred ones. Prefer expensive truffles and fudges. Proper Belgian-style mousse sort of ones are nice, but nasty synthetic sugar-solution creams make me ill.
    BMB
    xx

21. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

tis the complete opposite in my house :tongue: we could do a sweetie swap :tongue: although I don't have any at the moment :tongue:

22. HSB

HSB Member

Anyone prepared to post on favourite combinations? This thread forced me to buy a box and try them two at a time. Have to say the purple brazil coupled with the green triangle is a joy. Other combinations I'm still working on, though I have been sick twice.

By next weekend I may have a proper theory on Quality Street cocktails, mixing three or four together. Maybe some mathematical equations.

Maybe then we can get outside the box? E.g. What's your favourite Quality Street to mix with a Ferrero Rochet?

Try it, you might just like it....