Favourite Mozart concerto??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Miss Saxophone, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Miss Saxophone

Miss Saxophone New Member

What is your favourite Mozart concerto and movement??

I love #3 1st movement and #4 last movement xD

Georgia

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Mozart
    xD
    concerto
    FONT=arial black
    movement
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Ooh, so many to choose from - if it has to be just one I'd go for the clarinet concerto in A (K622), it was my Dad's favourite one to play so I grew up hearing it a lot.
    I'm guessing you're talking about the horn concerti though? My favourite complete concerto to play was no. 4, but the Andante from no. 2 is my favourite single movement.

4. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

I would have to agree with Accidental. The Clarinet Concerto in A is my personal favourite, too. Last year I arranged the whole concerto for tenor horn, and that now sits in a 'Special Arrangements' folder at Salvation Army headquarters in London (it was considered too difficult to warrant publication!)

5. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

My favourite is his 3rd horn concerto. Great melodies throughout the concerto especially the 2nd movt and the 3rd is fun to play. In hoping to play this on a future exam, just love it

6. pbirch

pbirch Member

for me, its a toss up between the bassoon concerto and the flute and harp

7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I love the third Euphonium Concerto, often rubbished by people playing it on the french horn...

8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

yeah, it sounds much better on a baritone ;)

9. GordonH

GordonH Member

10. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

11. katieeuph

katieeuph Member

The flute and harp concerto is my favourite. I love playing the Flute concerto in G (on the flute, obviously!) but not so fussed on his flute concerto in D (which, as someone else has mentioned, was written for oboe first. Apparently he didn't like flutes and couldn't be bothered to write a new one so just transposed it). Love the horn concerti as well.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Mozart
    xD
    concerto
    FONT=arial black
    movement
  13. The Mozart Euphonium Concerto mistakenly attributed as a bassoon concerto. I played it on one of my recitals.

14. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

So if Mozart died in 1791, and the Euphonium was not invented until 1843, how do you get a Eupho Concerto. Mozart was very gifted, but he wasn't that good.

Had to play accompianament for the Clarinet concerto in A and had to stop myself nodding off.

Don't particularly like Mozart so don't have a favourite concerto, but thought the Requiem Mass (completed and edited by Süßmayr) was a brilliant piece of music :clap:

15. He didn't know he was writing for the euphonium. He thought it was for the bassoon.

16. pbirch

pbirch Member

He actually wrote it for the tuba, but the euphoniums have hijacked it. Many composers wrote for the tuba without realising it and so had to use other instruments or even voices, other great example are Bach's 6 suites for solo tuba, many Schubert songs were written for the instrument and so on and so on (just because it doesn't have tuba on the music doesn't mean we can't play it) :)

17. Laserbeam bass

It's alright, I'm not as ignorant as that sounded. One of the posters is kin and I thought he might be party to a bit of shenanigans, but he is off line again :confused:

18. Laserbeam bass

Or even a Viola, if we are in the realms of wild fantasty :pig

19. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

The first eight bars of the lacrimosa (possibly the last 8 bars mozart ever wrote) are among the most perfect sections of music ever written by anyone, anywhere.

Just the sort of thing I look at/hear and know absolutely that I'll never even approach writing anything that good.

20. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Oh, come on Andi, your opening of "Variations on How Much is that Doggie in the Window for Bb Bass" is up there.:D

21. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I didn't write that....... Yet...... ;)