favourite marches and march downs for whit friday??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, May 10, 2006.

1. whats everybodies favourite marches and march down pieces???

my favourite marches are 1. honest toil
    2. bramwin (not sure if thats spelt correctly)
    3. cornish cavalier

i dont unusally here the 1st two much on whitfriday

im not to fussy about the march down as im hopeless at marching in step and playing at the same time. i just concentrate on the marching!!!

hope to hear from you lot soon
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

If you listen to the Delph CD from 2004 Bramwyn played by YBS Concert I believe and Honest Toil are both on it. I know Blackburn and Darwen did Honest Toil last year, so too did Marsden I think...I could be wrong.

Personally my favourite marches are
    1). Mephi.
    2) Knight Templar
    3) ORB
    Shortly followed by Viva Birkenshaw and Gladiator's Farewell.

It is though, always nice to be different so that's why I will be playing The Mouthpiece in a few weeks time!!:)
  3. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

"The Wizard" and "Army of the Nile" (complete with vocalised Snare Drum parts). Quality!
  4. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

My favorite's are

1) The Senator
    2) Knight Templar
  5. robbie

robbie Member

My favorite's are:
    The Knights Templer and The President for on the stand.
    As for on the march it has to be Army of the Nile
  6. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

You've got to walk down to Army of the Nile! Then play either Mephi or Knight Templar!
  7. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

What would people say the hardest march ever is

TIMBONE Active Member

For me it is Simoraine, but then I always did have trouble trying to play a trombone like it had valves! Mind you, as I am now on kit and percussion, my tongueing is getting better!
  9. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Depends where you're sat, I think.

From a technical standpoint, Alexander Owen's marches "Around the World" and "Pelorus Jack" aren't easy, particularly in terms of things like range for the Bass section and slide wobbling on the trombones :D
  10. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Cornish Cavalier or Castell Coch for at the stand. A march for marching down ie not Amarillo or something like that, they just sound stupid.
  11. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

I love Slaidburn, but it doesn´t show off a band enough to be played at Whit Friday
  12. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Army of the nile for marching down

We are playing "the Cossack" this year and Ive really got into it but ORB is my all time favourite for the stand.
  13. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Viva Birkenshaw and Honest Toil for me
  14. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

For me on the stand it has to be High Command. Although i havnt heard it in years which i a big shame.

and to walk down to it has to be The Chiefton. Quality.
  15. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

For me it's got to be Royal Trophy down the street, then ORB. Although I haven't heard a quality performance of ORB for years. Most bands seem to lack the required stamina, especially on the DC
  16. hj&jt

hj&jt New Member

Favorite march down is Army of the Nile but the stand has got to be Senator (Although havn't played it for 10 years)