Favourite Comedy Programme?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jenzi, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jenzi

jenzi Member

I have been watching Father Ted recently and it's brilliant! I also love Fawlty Towers and The Vicar of Dibley. Another of my favourites is Spaced, with Simon Pegg, it's hilarious! The American comedies I like are Friends, The Simpsons and Futurama. Everything else is just dumb!

I also think Lee Evans has to be the best stand up comedian ever!!!

What is everyone else's favourite comedy programme?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ted
    Another
    comedies
    stand up comedian
    comedy programme
  3. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

Got to probably be something like Open All Hours, the great Ronnie Barker and David Jason for good measure. Very unPC now but still funny

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ooh, too difficult to answer, there are so many good comedies. I don't think any of the current ones come anywhere close to some of the classics tho.

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Tricky one - I don't think I could narrow it down to just one.

I love the classics, especially those with Ronnie Barker, Porridge, Open All Hours etc.

However, there have been a few really good ones in the last few years. The Royle Family, Early Doors, Phoenix Nights, and the Vicar of Dibley to name but a few!

6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

You've heard it here first. - There is currently a classic in the making being broadcast on radio 4. Like all good comedies League of Gentlemen, Little Britain, Goodness Gracious Me, Hitchikers guide etc,etc. they often start off on the radio. Its called Count Arthur Strongs Radio Show. You can use the listen again feature on the bbc radio website if you want to catch this weeks program (which wasn't the best by far but is still hilarious).

7. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Porridge, the second and third series of Blackadder, all of Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, The Fast Show, The Simpsons and Father Ted. Haven't seen anything in recent years that can hold a candle to these, although My Name is Earl has its moments.

8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Oooh, I forgot one. "dinnerladies" is brilliant too!

9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Bottom...nuff said

10. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

For new stuff it has to be Two Pints of Lager and a packet of Crisp, and the first series of Nighty Night, 2nd was still funny but poor in comparison.

The Fast Show.

Blackadder 2 and 4.

Some Simpsons and all of Futurama, (Benders my hero), and the early episodes of South Park.

11. Key2207

Key2207 Member

Phoenix Nights, Max and Paddy's Road To Nowhere, Simpsons, Little Britain to name a few...

:clap:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ted
    Another
    comedies
    stand up comedian
    comedy programme
  13. 1alexm

1alexm Member

Father Ted
    Phoenix Nights
    Married with children
    Never mind the buzzcocks
    Simpsons
    Futurama
    Just for laughs (although i think it might of finished now)

14. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

For me, Alan Partridge is the one. Back of the net!

Simpsons and Have I got news for you are ones I always try to see.

15. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

ooh fawtly towers!! only about 12 episodes but they crack me up every time! and phoenix nights is sooo funny too ... peter kay is a comedy genius :)

16. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Steptoe & Son
    Porridge
    2 Ronnies
    Only Fools And Horses
    Fawlty Towers

17. jenzi

jenzi Member

Oh, I forgot about them. Peter Kay is a legend!!! I forgot about The Office aswell.
    I used to like Little Britian, I've kind of gone off it now. The first series was great, I was a bit disappointed with the third. I think Andy and Lou are great though. I went to see Little Britain Live last year, it was fab!

18. flower girl

flower girl Member

i completely agree with u crawf, i havent seen one modern comedy that even comes close to comedies such as open all hours, only fools and horses etc

19. Key2207

Key2207 Member

Completley agree. Peter Kay is amazing :p I would so love to meet him. I do have is autograph though!! :woo

20. jenzi

jenzi Member

Yeah, me too! His stand up DVDs are hilarious! I managed to get a signed copy of Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere. I also have a signed copy of Little Britain series 1 from when I met Matt and David, which I will cherish forever! :p

21. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Only Fools and Horses. Classic!

Faulty Towers is great too, anyone seen the one where his car breaks down and he beats it with a stick, it makes me laugh so much i fall off my chair!

22. chizzum

chizzum Member

Max and Paddy, Faulty Towers, Dads Army, Open all Hours!!!!!!!!!!