Favourite bits of Pontins 2005

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Neil Glynn, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

Well.........where do you begin?

I have to say the best part for me was meeting up with all the people who I've talked to for ages on here.......fantastic bunch of people. This was closely followed by the feeling of playing with a 55-strong scratch band on about and hour and a half's rehearsal and sounding absolutely fantastic.....Vic's a fantastic cowbell singer :tongue:

Can't wait to see the photos.....especially the ones from in the bar on Sunday night (you know who you are!!!)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins 2005
    Vic
    fantastic cowbell singer
    hour
    fantastic bunch of people
  3. Di

Di Active Member

oooooh, lots of things.

Lots of peoples met. :biggrin:
    Friday night - in the bar - has anyone seen my daughter?? Isn't that her on stage Mumsie. :eek::eek: Oooooooh no. :eek:

Brilliant concert Saturday. Thanks Gavin for standing in at short notice!

D'oh a deer! oh dear oh dear. You just had to be there!

More as I remember them. I keep getting flash backs.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Best bits -

1) Finding 3 chairs on saturday and then carting them around the site for an hour whilst we tried to find a chalet in which to drink. They were especially useful when we had a debate as to where to go next in the middle of the road, it is easier to debate when sat down. They were eventually abandoned under a tree near where that man was asleep on a bench. I arranged them at odd angle and then declared them to be "modern art"

2) Following up last year's Vokda & Apple Juice a la Mixing Bowl with Vodka and Apple Juice a la Casserole Dish.

3) Not playing all weekemd

4) Waking up Sunday still drunk

5) Seeing loads of people of again

6) Neil saying "no no no" an unfeasible number of times on saturday night when 20 or so drunkards tried to invade his chalet!

The worst bits:

1) My car only getting from Newcastle to Sheffield before conking out due to a knacked alternator. I am currently logged in to a Sheffield Uni PC (despite having left the university several months ago!)writing this whilst I wait for the garage to fix it.

2) Missing the Bavarian Stompers on Friday Night due not getting to pontins till after midnight as i had to wait until my car had been recovered (see above)

3) Feeling (and being) sick as a dog (possibly due to dog) on sunday evening.

4) Missing my old band's performance as a result of dodgy info from the guy on the door who told us that the band before them was actually them and as a result, we went and waited by the bus thinking we'd missed the performance, which we hadn't, although by standing by bus we DID miss the performance. Doh

5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Everything!
    My photos are on here (or they might not be...not sure if it's working!*apparently it is working but you need to have a net passport thing to view them....ask somebody clever if in doubt! *)
    I'll write some more profound words when I remember how I work properly.

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Surviving

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

ERm!! Meeting everyone one!! Btw.. Steve... I think your tattoos are amazing :D

8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Not working for me :(

DaveR

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2005
  9. Di

Di Active Member

Nor me. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2005
  10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It must have been quite a weekend as you're reminiscing about NEXT YEAR!!!

Edited thread title to read 2005 ;)

11. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

:oops: hehe, sorry about that......Pontins does strange things to people :-?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins 2005
    Vic
    fantastic cowbell singer
    hour
    fantastic bunch of people
  13. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thank you young man

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting some of the nicest people ever over the weekend and I have to say that tMp is probably one of the freindliest groups of people I have ever met.

Im not going to list them all but would like to give a special mention to TimBone and Joules, Dave Redhead and Luke (who I dont even know if hes a member or not but hes an awesome music stand).

Sorry i didnt get to speak to everyone for as long as I wanted to but I kept feeling the urge to jump around clapping and screaming. Pontins does strange things to us shy, retiring types!!!!!

14. Don't pay any attention to those photos i think they have been doctored, i don't remember me and steve with our tongues out.........didn't happen.......NO!......AAARRRHhhhhh...I refuse to believe it......and if it did happen there was definately no contact...............i hope....

15. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Best Bits

1) Meeting up with Kelly, Dawn, Fi, Sarah, Vicki, Ben and Neil on Friday night only to realise that Neil would have no knowledge of this on the Saturday morning!

2) Watching Vicki volunteer herself to The Stompers only not realising what she had got herself into!

3) Meeting Sandman on Saturday and spending a lot of time on the Park : )

4) Coming 3rd with Rainford, chuffed with the result!

5) Catching up with old mates.... and making new ones!

Worse Bits

1) Thinking my cornet was broken about half an hour before having to meet up with Rainford for the contest- Thanks Vicki!

2) Loosing my shoe

3) Contents of my suitcase being hidden by certain members of my challet!

16. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

I must have been completely zonked. Neil informed me that we'd been raided :eek:

Got to say that this was the BEST Pontins ever. tMP band were great & I got to play using a stand with a YBS banner (1st & last time for that one I think). Great to see people I knew again & to meet some new ones. Like Steve said, the tMP crowd are a fantastic bunch. BTW Steve, sorry about letting you down.... D'OH!! Hope you can forgive me.:(

17. Steve

Steve Active Member

Forgiven but not forgotten Kaz

I am still trying to think of the best bits but its all one messy blur of fun fun fun. I have actually started to loose my voice from all the wwooooooooing I was doing and my hands hurt from clapping non stop for 3 days.

Incidentally, does anyone know any of the results?????

18. ju33les

ju33les Member

:eek: that link works for me............

By the way.....got some pics of last night(Sunday) , just working out how to get them up(oooh matron!)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  19. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

favourite bit?! ermmmmmmmmmm WINNING hehe - really enjoyed our performance but also seeing old and new tmpers!

20. Steve

Steve Active Member

Works for me too Joules ;)

21. Di

Di Active Member

And me! Steve, you tart! lol

22. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

It worked for me a minute ago, then ran out of space again. Still, from what I was it looks like a good time was being had by all! I wish I had been there :(

DaveR