Favorate Brass Band Instrument

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MaxPressure, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

What is your fave instrument in the band ??
    Mine is the Flugel.
  2. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Call me biased if you want but I would have to say that Basses are the best. They are the work horses and power house of a band
  3. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

Having played most of them now, the euph is my favourite because of its sound and importance in the solo lines, the trombone is great fun for its sheer loudness, the horns were great to sit in the harmony of the band, playing Eb bass is good being the bottom end of the sound. Percussion is fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

I would have loved to stay on cornet though.

The only instruments I don't personally like are the baritone, because its too hard to stay in tune (and it hurts my wrist) and the B flat bass, which is far too much effort for my slender frame. Anyone on Bb bass deserves a medal
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Whehey! Our monthly 'favourite/best/most important instrument/section' thread! ;)

We have a few of these threads knocking about as it is, so I'll lock this one and you can continue the discussion on this one, if you want, as its the most recent (open) one I can find: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20076
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.