Father Ted Appreciation Zone!

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by MrsDoyle, Sep 19, 2009.

1. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

This one does what it says on the tin... quotes, trivia, info, whatever floats yer boat! :p

(I know there are a lot of fans on here!!)

DRINK! :guiness

2. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

My lovely horse! Got to be an all time best song! And the pinic area show! Epic!
  3. MrsDoyle

You can all guess who my fave is!! ;-)
  4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

So many favourite episodes

Speed, when they are discussing how to save Dougal and someone says "Lets have a mass".

The one where Ted is trying to repair relations with the Chinese community and inherits a load of Nazi memorabilia.
  5. T Winch

T Winch Member

The one where Father Jack is put away in an asylum for mad priests. Ted & Dougal go in to rescue him. Shining a torch on a succession of inebriated priests who each in turn shout Drink! Girls! etc until they reach the sane one who says "I really shouldn't be here" (Ok. Maybe you have to see it first hand. I'll get me coat)
  6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

My favourite is always the "small" and "far away" cows. Class, and can be applied to so many things!
  7. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

And Graham Norton and the Youth Fellowship Group descending on the caravan!!! :D
  8. MrsDoyle

^ classic! :clap:
  9. Columbo

Columbo Member

Not a big fan (Only 14 stone!), but remember rolling about when she fell through the front window whilst cleaning.

Anyway, don't for get all my detective work! Some of us too busy to have a laugh, solving moyders an' all that!
  10. Ex-Pat BBb

Ex-Pat BBb New Member

Dougal runs in the room holding a newspaper

"Ted, Ted. Clint Eastwood's going to prison for a crime he didn't comm... ah wait now, it's just a film!!" (pronounced 'fillum' in the classic Irish manner)

Pure class

(or, my signature)
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  11. Ex-Pat BBb

Ex-Pat BBb New Member

Mrs Doyle (to Fr Jack): What would you say to a nice cup of tea?
    Father Jack: FECK OFF CUP!!

(You can tell i'm a proud owner of the box set)
  12. Errol

Errol Supporting Member

That would be an ecumenical matter !
  13. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

14. Ex-Pat BBb

Ex-Pat BBb New Member

Any suggestions for Father Ted characters in the banding world?

Is it me or does a certain former B&R conductor and arranger of The Floral Dance bear more than a passing resemblance to my avatar?

Couldn't sign off without one more quote...

"How did you get into the priesthood Dougal? Did you just send in tokens off the back of crisps packets?"
  15. Ex-Pat BBb

Ex-Pat BBb New Member

Sorry Mrs Doyle, i'm totally hijacking your thread. It's your fault of course but i've had to spend the last two days watching my boxset (again)

John O'Leary: What can we do for you Father?
    Dougal: I was looking for a pair of handcuffs actually.
    John: A pair of handcuffs? What do you need them for?
    Dougal: Oh nothing much, they're for me and Ted.
    Mary: You and Father Ted?
    Dougal: Yeah, we're just trying something out.
    John: Well emm, actually, funnily enough we do have a pair. Sergeant Thornton left them here when he retired.
    Dougal: Retired from what?
    John: From the police.
    Dougal: The police? Was Sergeant Thornton a policeman?
    John: Emm, he was yes. Why do you think he wore the uniform?
    Dougal: Oh I thought he was just having a laugh.
    John: Anyway here's the handcuffs.
    Dougal: Great, bye now.

Python anoraks, eat ya heart out
  16. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

The episode "SPEED 3"

ted: Dougal! theres a bomb on the milk float!
    dougal: oh really what number should i deliver it to?

absolute classic
  17. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Paddy likes a bit of Ted

What would the following words suggest to you: "Jack", "sleepwalking" and "b*ll*ck naked"?

Father Dougal: God, Ted, I've never met anyone like him anywhere. Who would he be like, Hitler or one of those mad fellas?
    Father Ted: Oh, worse than Hitler! You wouldn't find Hitler playing jungle music at three o'clock in the morning.

I thank you :biggrin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  18. Ex-Pat BBb

Ex-Pat BBb New Member

Father Ted: Ah, Sister Assumpta!
    Sister Assumpta: Hello Father!
    Father Ted: Dougal, Dougal, do you remember Sister Assumpta?
    Father Dougal: Er, no.
    Father Ted: She was here last year! And then we stayed with her in the convent, back in Kildare. Do you remember it? Ah, you do! And then you were hit by the car when you went down to the shops for the paper. You must remember all that? And then you won a hundred pounds with your lottery card? Ah, you must remember it, Dougal!
    [Dougal shakes his head]
    Sister Assumpta: And weren't you accidentally arrested for shoplifting? I remember we had to go down to the police station to get you!... And the police station went on fire? And you had to be rescued by helicopter?
    Father Ted: Do you remember? You can't remember any of that? The helicopter! When you fell out of the helicopter! Over the zoo! Do you remember the tigers?
    [Dougal shakes his head some more]
    Father Ted: You don't remember? You were wearing your blue jumper.
    Father Dougal: Ah, Sister Assumpta!
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009