Fast Music&Driving on The Road

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As any body noticed when you have got fast or quick music on in your car and not much traffic on the road
    you tend to drive a lot quicker than you should.
    It happens to me quite a lot at the moment its "Victorian Snapshots On A Ratcliffe Highway" thats the culprit ;)

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Errrm, surely it's you, as the driver, who's to blame? I'd like to see you try that defence in court Ian .................. "It wasn't me m'lud, but Ray Steadman-Allen!" ;)

3. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

It isn't normally the music that makes me drive a little quicker (still within the speed limits of course!!) but that little digital display very near to the stereo....it always has a bigger number than I thought showing.........:rolleyes:

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

I remember that this defence did in fact work once 20 -30 years ago and the music was something like "Ride of the Valkyries". M'lud must have been in a good mood. Couldn't happen these days..

5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Great minds think a like Dyl:clap:

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not in this case they don't.

7. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

I don't find I drive faster but generally it helps get me home in one piece when I'm tired. Especially if its fast music of the jolly, wanna-singalong variety. That combined with an open window for fresh air always does the trick. Couldn't give a monkeys if anyone can hear me as long as I'm alive at the other end! Its not like I have it bass-boosted through a muckle subwoofer and at high volume so the chances are the only folks who'll hear me will be people at traffic lights, its only the ones who can see me that'll get a laugh!;)

8. The Eggman

The Eggman Member

Ha ha , when we (me an Matt) played with Wem , we used to put Tommy Vance on the radio with the friday rock show, that would make us drive quicker back home in time for "last orders" especially if he played some Motorhead or Iron Maiden.
    :metal::metal::metal:

9. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Fairey's Devil and the Deep Blue Sea from the Double Champions CD used to get me bombing down the motorway when I was on the road as a sales manager.

10. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Caccini`s Ave Maria sung by Sumi jo makes me pull over to listen which is a bit of a bummer on the motorway. And having a wasp in the car once made me leap out at traffic lights luckily the van driver behind was a gent and got rid of it.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    on The Road
    Fast Music&Driving
    should.It
    music
    Victorian Snapshots On A Ratcliffe Highway