Farm Animals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bagpuss, Apr 4, 2005.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Had a very strange conversation with a work colleague the other night (very worrying the more I think about it). We were discussing very random things, something which we are both very good at. We ended up discussing farm animals and which farm animal we would prefer to be. I can't remember his choice but I chose to be a horse (cue the riding jokes).

Got me thinking whilst bored on night shift, what farm animal or animals would you be and why??

2. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'd be a rabbit....

.... just cos of my nickname!
  3. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

*thinks* is a dog a farm animal??? It must be cos you get sheepdogs. Yeh probably a dog, i like dogs :) And they dont get eaten...
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

You've never been to spain...
  5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

they eat dogs in spain? ugh well im not going there.... anyway ima english dog not a spanish one so i cant get eaten :)
    Oh i like horses aswell.... Can i be both?
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Chickens are farm animals, chickens get killed by farmers, cows are farm animals, cows get killed by farmers.
    Badgers get killed by farmers, ergo, they are farm animals. QED.
    Get orf moi laaaaaaand....
  7. Lisa

Lisa Member

At first I thought I would like to be a pig because pigs get to roll around in mud all day. But then i realised i would end up being eaten, which wouldn't be nice.
    So I thought it would be cool to be a duck (would be cool to glide around on a pond all day) - problem is that ducks occassionally get eaten too...
    The thing is, I have always really really wanted to be able to fly...then I realised the ideal animal to be is a swan.
    Swans are elegant and beautiful, and they are completely free and owned by no-one. They just fly in during the summer, then fly off somewhere hot with all of their swan friends during the winter :)
  8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Cow - you get to stay inside during the winter, get to go out in the summer. You get fed twice a day and get to eat in between.
  9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

same here and as i cut them up as well they have a great body:biggrin:
  10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I was nearly rude with some of my reasoning...but I refrained (family friendly afterall) ;)
  11. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

I would want to be a pig but only if I could be a sheeppig!!

Baa Ram Ewe
    Baa Ram Ewe
    To Your Breed, Your Fleece, Your Clan Be True
    Sheep Be True
    Baa Ram Ewe

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Id be a Giraffe... Farm Giraffe that is...
  13. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

are you counting cats? all those rats to kill after all. i think i'd be a cat ^_^
  14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Pig..... definatly a pig...... Get fed all the time.... and then can be a variety of different things after the slaughter house.... Bacon.... Sausages... pork chops...... :lol:

(I like the sheepig idea from Kaz........ could be a lamb roast too! :lol: )
  15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

actually i think all swans are owned by the queen. Thats why people never eat them cause its against ye olde law and it classes as treason or sommat (ive heard that somewhere)
  16. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

yeah thats true- a year or two ago some tramps were eating them in St.James park and were arrested....shame they dont do hangings anymore eh? :cool:

Yup sounds good to me.....

But think i'd rather be a butterfly- i know its not strictly a farm animal but i can be found in the farm meadows where the wild flowers grow in the ones they leave for a year ;)

that way i can be a crawly catterpilla and fly and be beautiful....
    (Que Catterpilla from a bugs life....." one day i will be a beeewtiful Butterfly ")

17. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Spotted a slight flaw in your thinking processes there BMB. Badgers also get killed by road vehicles, doesn't mean that badgers are pedestrians, cyclists or other motorists. However, a badger on a pushbike appeals to my sense of humour.

I have however seen a whole family of badgers on a canal boat so anything's possible!!!!!

18. bigmamabadger

Actually you can't get much more pedestrian than a badger.
    Eat hot logic, cat...:clap:
  19. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Actually you can!!! A pedestrian is by definition more pedestrian than a badger and I'm sure a three toed sloth would have something to say about a badger shaped interloper trying to claim the crown of being the slowest thing in these here parts. All three 'animals' named above, do however have one thing in common THEY ARE NOT FARM ANIMALS!!!!

20. bigmamabadger

And giraffes are?! Anyway, when was the last time you saw a three toed sloth in Wem apart from when Jessop-Smythe is visiting?