Farewell to the “Limestone Cowboy”

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by cwmamanbird, Jul 20, 2006.

1. cwmamanbird

cwmamanbird Member

Cwmaman Institute Silver Band regret to announce the departure of their 2nd Euphonium player, Bari Thomas.

Bari has decided to take the big step and is emigrating to Auckland, New Zealand to start a new job in Geology, in August.

Bari joined the band in 2004 and has played with us at the British Open in 2004 and at the Royal Albert Hall in 2004 & 2005. His last engagement with the band will be the band’s concert at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff on Sunday 23rd July.

The band would like to wish Bari all the best for the future and would like to thank him for his contribution to the band since he became a member. He will be sorely missed as both a player and as an all round “top bloke”!

Wales’ loss is no doubt New Zealand’s gain and we hope he continues his playing on the other side of the world, and that we will all see him again sometime in the future.
  2. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Here here - ;)

Bye Bye Bari Bari
  3. jim

jim Member

How I rember Bari tagging along to the Europeans with tred with his best mate dei thomas, I rember you challaging me a young 17 year old in a round of Tequila slammers I rember summet about you being left dribbling!!