Farewell Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Chris Kirk, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

For those of you that know him, HBB, aka Ben Tubb, is off to the RNCM in a couple of weeks.
    Ben is a very talented musician, composer and arranger, who has a fantastic future ahead.

The Welwyn Garden City Band is to hold a concert as part of the Welwyn and Hatfield Arts Festival on Saturday 16th September, where we will feature Ben’s original work and arrangements and I dare say he may play a solo. The concert will be under the directorship of our new MD, Mr. Stephen Tighe.

For those of you that know Ben, this is an opportunity to hear his music and appreciate his ability.

Saturday 16th September 2006 at 7.30pm
    St. Francis of Assisi
    Welwyn Garden City

£5.00 £3.00 concessions Tickets available on the night or go to www.wgcband.com
  2. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

woopwoop go ben :clap: bit too far away for me though but enjoy!
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'd just like to thank my band for giving me the opportunity to have some of my stuff played. When I think back to all the times i brought my stuff to band and almost felt physically sick this is quite an achievement. Would be great to see some tMPers there. I'd like to thank the band for everything they've done for me. Will be really sad to go :(
  4. SteveT

SteveT Member

I have just come back from a rehearsal and I have been perusing TMP and noticed this thread. I would just like to say that working on Ben's music has been an absolute delight and that I am quite convinced he will go far.

It is really interesting working on music where he is trying to develop his own musical voice, and it is with great pleasure that I will be conducting the concert.

If any of my mates in Saddleworth are reading this, you should snap Ben up when he comes to Manchester.... he's a great horn player too!
  5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

<sigh> great timing Ben! the YWD mob can't come along and heckle cause we have a gig on! otherwise I'd be there.

Have a great evening and best of luck at Uni.
  6. Highams

Highams Member

I'm sure that will be a wonderful evening. Ben has a great future ahead as both player and composer and I wish him well at the RNCM.

I certainly intend to perform his music in the USA in 07, especially Romance;

Cheers, CB