fantasy funeral

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Forest Gump, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

just been thinking to myself what would i like played at my funeral,i would start with blanwern, finlandia, deep harmany and to finish the 1812 oveture with the cannons,{i want to go out with a bang}.
    what would you have played ?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    funeral
    harmany
    fantasy funeral
    oveture
    blanwern
  3. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

The Humblebums - "Goodbyeee" ;) :clap:

4. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

I believe I would like Hymn to the Fallen........the last 32 bars or so of Resurgam and then Ziggy Elman's version of And the Angels Sing

5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

A bit morbid but........

I expect Number 19(?) in the red hymn book, Ellers, played at my funeral. Everyone knows it's my favourite hymn. If it's not played, expect some haunting! :biggrin:

6. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

How about asking the band to play Prague, Seid and Salamander (possibly with Vienna Nights as an encore). It certainly wouldn't be forgotten in a hurry.

Or what about a Brass Band arrangement of the Verdi requiem ??

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Would have to have Aces High or Dambusters, something stirring anyway, then Faure's Pavane, but what I really want is a full-on New Orleans funeral, the jazz band with the trombones sitting on the tail of the hearse playing When The Saints. And everyone getting bladdered on whiskey and rye and having a damn good cry to get it all out of their system. Don't like tight-lipped stiff-upper-lip funerals. I say make a fuss. That's what they're for.
    BMB who has been pondering on mortality this week...
    xx

8. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

Would love to have Blaenwearn and time to say goodbye played at my funeral, although i think im to young to think about this topic yet, lol

9. 2euph

2euph New Member

Had mine sorted for years. In to church to Entry of the Gladiators and out to Liberty Bell, nothing finer. Although I went to a dear friends funeral a couple of years ago and he went in to Poet and Peasant, the whole thing, which was all very moving and managed to lighten things up by going out to Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye. Great sense of fun that chap!

10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I want For The Love Of A Princess, Reunion & Finale and Rusulka's Song To The Moon! Because they're 3 of my favourite pieces and I think they'd make everyone cry!

11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Bit of a morbid thread this aint it :eek:

Haven't a clue what music i'll have played, but i've decided that I want to have a wake on my 60th birthday...don't see why everyone should have a good knees up when i can't!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    funeral
    harmany
    fantasy funeral
    oveture
    blanwern
  13. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

in a cremi...loads of free booze , a couple of strippers..and send the box down to the theme to Chorlton and the Wheelees!!!!

14. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

I'd like Music by John Miles played at mine! Not sure what else.

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

St. Magnus at mine - going out with a bang :)

16. tubatu

tubatu Member

I'd love the hymn Be Still My Soul with the music from Finlandia.
    However, one of our players, who recently turned 80, has had us rehearsing Blaze Away in readiness for his cremation!!!!