Fantasy Football 2005

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Bariman, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Bariman

Bariman Member

Just under two weeks to go until the Premiership starts again :clap: :clap:

Following on from the success of last year's Fantasy Football league (well you did let me win :terrier )is anyone up for another league this year?

If so I'm happy to do the arranging.

[Can the mods make this a sticky please?]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Premiership
    Fantasy Football league
    Fantasy Football
    clap
    year
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Done. :tup

Now, for the benefit of those who are not sure, could you just explain the competition please? :biggrin::oops:

4. Bariman

Bariman Member

Will do.

Can't get into create a team yet as the site is not fully functional yet :mad: but comments below are based on last year.

The idea is to pick a "Fantasy" football team from Premiership players. Players are assigned values (which go up and down to reflect their performance) and you are allowed to buy and sell players everyweek provided you keep within your budget (which goes up and down as the players values do).

Points are awarded for goals, passes, tackles, saves etc. Points are lost for fouls, goals conceded, penalties conceded, cautions and sending offs.

You can join several leagues and pit your skills against others; you are also entered in a league for the supporters of the Premiership team of your choice plus you also compete against everyone else in the league.

Last year we had about 20 active participants so lets see if we can beat that this year.

OK?

If you want to know more just ask.

Will post details of how to sign up as soon as I can get into the Yahoo site :mad:

5. Bariman

Bariman Member

Right, seems things have got sorted so I have set up the tMP Fantasy Football League for the new season.

Firstly, if you haven't got a Yahoo! ID, then go to here to get one. Yahoo!

Then go to here to register your team. Register

When you are all set up click on the "join a group" link and in the Group ID box fill it in with "1106" and the password is "tmp".

I hope this works. Any problems PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Well Im all signed up :D

My team to start the year is..........

Cech
    Carvalho Carargher Ferdinand Upson
    Rommedahl X.Alonso Zenden Dyer
    Fowler Drogba

7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Ive picked a terrible team...

But ive got a few decent players and a few sloths...
    COME ON BOTTOM O TH LEAGUE UN-ATHLETIC!!!

8. Chris Sanders

Brave man... I like fowler, and he has played well towards the end of last season, but rumour is, Pearce wants to team up Cole or BWP and Vassell and leave Fowler on the bench...

It would be a shame, because he's struggled and slogged alone for the best part of last season and earnt his place...

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

As a devout red it is hard to leave him out, especially when City open the season against a dodgy defence!!!

10. rutty

rutty Active Member

I really didn't like the Yahoo scoring system last year - much preferred the BBC one, although that's now defunct due to competing sites complaining about it. I think Channel Four are doing one which I'll be doing on a different forum that I visit.

Seeing as I made very few adjustments to my team last time around I should think I'd only end up doing exactly the same this time.

11. Chris Sanders

I do the one at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/, thats ok... Plus you can find out all team news, club and season stats from the same site...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Premiership
    Fantasy Football league
    Fantasy Football
    clap
    year
  13. Richard_Brigg

Richard_Brigg Member

Just entered my team!

14. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

1106 as the id and tmp as the password keeps coming up incorrect password - any help. I came 5th last year and want to improve.

15. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Ok...I've just entered my team....out for revenge on Bariman.

Don't think you'll have it so easy this time around (cue abysmal season and last place..... :dunno)

16. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Got mine done.. Don't really know any of the players!
    Just picked sum random blokes.
    'The Lost Prophets'

17. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Managed to get on now, dont know what I was doing wrong yesterday.
    Signed up as eckyboy's battlers.
    Good luck to everyone.

18. Bariman

Bariman Member

Come on you lot, only 7 have signed up so far. :(

Glad to see Sporting Lardmongers are there again - hope they do better than the "U"s - mind you that's not hard.

Shame I can't come to Layer Road this year as I'm away on me hols.

19. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Oi!!!!! ;)

Im determined to beat you this year, you won it over the Christmas weekend, it seemed! :clap:

20. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Right i've picked me a team, hopefully i'll look in on it more than once in a blue moon

21. Chris Sanders

you saw me standing alone ...

... without a dream in my heart ...

... ... without a love of my own ..."

22. dyl

dyl Active Member

Awww bless! Not got any mates have you?

;)