Fantaisie Brillante

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alks, Mar 26, 2005.

1. alks

alks Member

Anyone got any ideas where i can purchase the sheet music for fantisie brillante.
    I am looking for the version that is on the the Arban collection. The one arranged by Fred Muscroft. I've had a scoot around the net but cant find it.
    I assume it has been released?

Are there any alternatives? and how hard are the band arrangemnets?

Ive managed to find the arrangements for le cornet polka (might go for this one)and Variations sur norma ....are they the only ones to be released?

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Try the Carnaval sheet music collection of solos from that CD.
  3. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Carnival, as recorded by Wynton Marsalis with the Eastman wind Ensemble. Has some other good solos like Carnival of Venice and Napoli too.
  4. craigyboy1

craigyboy1 Member

Just Music have the Muscroft arrangement with band accompaniment
    They also have an arrangement by S.Booth with piano accompaniment. It is listed as a baritone solo but I have it and it is fine for cornet.
  5. alks

alks Member

Thanks for that ! At least it can be purchased somewhere. Its only 16 quid with score!

Im not sure if im up to playing it with the band yet.....i can play it at home .......but always make a hash of solos when playing with the band. But you need to push yourself dont you? Anyway our priciple should do a good job.......