Fanfare Music for Junior Bands

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by baritoneosh, Apr 9, 2012.

1. baritoneosh

baritoneosh Member

Hello

I have been loioking for a suitable fanfare music for junior band. I'd like to start the next concert with a fanfare opening.

Does anyone have any suggestions. The band is grade 3-4.

Please help if you can.

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fanfare Music for Junior Bands HelloI
    suitable fanfare music
    fanfare opening
    Junior Bands HelloI
    loioking
  3. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

The Rocky Arrangment from TWO MOVIE THEMES - Cameron Mabon Is a terrific opener and not that hard to play at all.

4. its_jon

its_jon Member

Olympic Torch is a March Fanfare ... Aimed squarely at Junior bands.. and very popular indeed.

Free for our banding community

5. We have a great range of music for junior/training bands on our 'Brass Monkeys' label...

http://www.penninemusic.com/list_scores.php?forband=TB

Each publication features lots of pieces all in one making them great value.

...and a fanfare can be found in the 'Brass Monkey's Occasions' publication ;-)

6. C.R.

C.R. New Member

7. baritoneosh

baritoneosh Member

Thanks for the suggestions above. This helps.

Any more suggestions?

8. its_jon

its_jon Member

You post actually spurred me to start writing a fanfare for kids.
    Im calling it.

"Fanfare for the Common Child"

don't know if it will be available in time for your concert or suitable for your band...but keep checking the FMFK site for its arival.

9. euphsrock

euphsrock Member

I have recently written a piece for a training band I conduct at work, called Jubilee. Great little piece and very appropriate for this year! We performed it at the Anvil in Basingstoke about a month ago, and it seemed to go down well with the audience as well as the players in the band.
    It is very simply arranged and still works well if you only have a few players rather than a full band.
    Send me an e-mail (robin@robinlangdon.co.uk) and I'll send you a complimentary copy.

10. euphsrock

euphsrock Member

Ditto.

11. Kofi

Kofi Member

I know it's not a fanfare, but thought I'd mention Cameron Mabon's arrangement (I think, or is it Alan Fernie) of Raiders March is excellent. A nice opener, very playable but made our youth band sound great. There is a lot of really good stuff for youth band by those 2, on the junior brass and easy brass series.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fanfare Music for Junior Bands HelloI
    suitable fanfare music
    fanfare opening
    Junior Bands HelloI
    loioking
  13. baritoneosh

baritoneosh Member

Thanks for the above - sounds like a good opener, where could someone buy this? Thanks

14. its_jon

its_jon Member

My Fanfare for the Common Child is finished and available FREE Here

May be too nippy for fresh root juniors... but, another option for you all.
    In anyone else out there has a useful we original fanfare and would like to share it on FMFK, just let me know.

15. baritoneosh

baritoneosh Member

Thanks for this. If it's ok with you I will try it in our next rehersal.

Thanks

16. its_jon

its_jon Member

Free to anyone for non comercial use. Just print and play.
    Creative Commons Licence.

17. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Kudos to Jon for "knocking one out" so quickly, but it's a bit dark and gloomy isn't it? Also I don't get what the picture of the abused looking kid on top of the (about to explode) bomb is all about! Still I do agree with you about all the little scumbags hanging around skateparks needing a clip around the ear and a proper hobby like banding to sort them out.

18. its_jon

its_jon Member

It is not my own opinion that children who play outside should be labelled as 'scumbags' ....

I think it is appauling that anyone would suggest this.

19. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Seems I've got the wrong end of the stick re your website, but the image of the kid sitting on a bomb is weird and you do spend a lot of time /space quoting stuff you apparently don't agree with. It does seem that the site is not purely about "Free music for kids" but is pretty agenda driven in some way.

20. its_jon

its_jon Member

Thats Ok -re/ "wrong end of the stick" etc... its easy to get the wrong idea :) ...

The site raises awareness of many good causes, such as Barnado's, the Salvation Army, The Samaritans, Anti Bully resources, Alzheimer's.
    It also freely provides music made free of copyright.

And Yes... I really find it offensive that someone from a Brass Banding world would stereotype children playing in a Skate Park as 'Scumbags'
    Which is why I quoted the bandsman word for word.

Kid sitting on a bomb is urban art.
    The artist in question was himself highlighting and raising awareness of the demonization of our (possibly less privillaged) youth.

My appologies :oops: if the image appears confrontational.
    No doubt the artist created it in the first place to encourage discussion... which it appears to achieve.