Fancy Playing in New Zealand..???

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by scjb, Nov 2, 2006.

1. scjb

scjb Member

The Trusts Waitakere City Brass Band (A Grade) will shortly be advertising for the position of Principal cornet, (and we also have a couple of vacancies for other postions) so if you are interested in finding out more and want to get ahead of the crowd please email me, Steven Booth at scjb@sb-music.co.nz.

We currently are 4 or 5 players short of a full band and are beginning to prepare for the Australian Nationals, The Auckland Contest and the New Zealand Nationals next year, in addition to our usual concerts and events.

The band is extremely friendly and social, with a strong desire to continue to move forward musically and regain their position as one of the Southern Hemisphere's finest bands, and of course are based in Auckland, City of Sails and one of the most exciting places in the world to live.

We can assist with finding work in several different fields, including IT, Banking & Finance, Music, teaching etc etc as well as helping with accomodation and general help and advice about moving overseas. I have been here 7 months and have just been through the whole thing myself, so I know how possible and easy it is. You can come for 6 months, a year, two years, or for good! It's up to you.

So whatever instrument you play, give me a call or an email (just remember the time difference please!) and experience this awesome country and lifestyle.

Steven Booth
    scjb@sb-music.co.nz
    0064 9 817 7363
    http://www.waitakerebrass.com/

2. smiler_38

smiler_38 Member

Hi Steven,
    Having just spent last christmas and new year touring from Auckland down to Queenstown this sounds a very tempting proposition, but I'm not sure if I could tear myself (and Fiancee) away from lovely Lincolnshire :)

Good luck with the recruitment. I'm sure you will have a queue of bandspersons waiting.