Fancy Dress

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Kerwintootle, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

If you were going to a fancy dress party, what would be your first choice to dress up as and why? I'm cheating a bit because I'm having a fancy dress party next week at Castle Kerwin and I need some inspiration. :D

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Is there a theme to this party?

Wilma flintstone works well (all you need is a whits sheet, some scissors and some polystyrene)... instant outfit

If there no theme...something strange and highly impractical for me :shock:

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

A cement mixer maybe? ;)

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Will give it a go flow.
    Next time i'm invited to a fancy dress party...cement mixer I will be

5. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Me and my brother did that I was Wilma and he was Fred it was really good we just got some white silk and cut it up and made a dress out of it and used some cotton wool balls on a piece of string for a necklace! and for my brother we just bought some lion skin material and made a sort of dress thingy for him and an inflatable wooden club as well! we tried to dye his hair black but it didn't work! and I put my hair up as much as i could! :wink: It's really good when it's done!!!

vix x

6. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

You're invited then.

7. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Could always wear a string vest, wrap a bandage around your head and stick a paper under your arm and hey presto....instant Rab C Nesbitt :wink:

8. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I'm quite sure with a string vest on it may look obscene. :wink:

9. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

A couple of years ago me and 2 mates dressed up as the Ghostbusters. That was pretty easy- white-ish overalls and a bit of work on the powerpak which was just a rucksack covered by a carboard box with made up dials and switches etc. When we arrived at the party we went into the main room to the theme tune. Was a bit of a larf.

Theme parties are usually good. This year the host of the party I'm going to has had a good idea. The party is themed on colours i.e. red, blue, green and yellow. All invitees are designated a colour beforehand and you have to come wearing clothes of that colour, (and it stipulates all clothes). Those who wear an item of clothing in the wrong colour faces a forfeit. There is going to be stupid games throughout the evening and 'prizes' for the winning team.

Sounds good on paper and, so long as everybody joins in, I reckon it will be good.

Just some ideas.

Igg

10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Morticia Addams is good (I have the appropriate wig if you need it!) or tarts 'n'vicars (there are photos somewhere in Cumbria of me as a tarty vicar)

Rach x

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    :D
    Castle Kerwin
    fancy dress party
    week
    inspiration
  12. mad_female

mad_female Member

Hi

Bagpuss has a fab Fred Flintstone outfit available too.

Mad-female :D

13. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Would HAVE to be Adolf Hitler! :D

Why i hear you ask???

Being a 2nd Year Uni History student mostly...but also because their seems to be a certain sense of comedy value about dressing up as him...must be the moustache! :lol:

Yep Hitler it is... :shock: (for the politically minded out there...I wish to add i am in no way a supporter of the extreme right!! :lol: )

:wink:

14. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Went to a fancy dress party as a fairy once:

Pair of shorts rolled up and tacked to become makeshift hotpants, nicked a pair of Mums net curtains for a tu-tu, pair of mums (clean) tights. Black Dr. Martens polished and with a christmas bow on the front of each. One of Mums (clean) bra's stuffed with tissue and with a cardboard 'cone' in each. Wings made from coathangers wrapped in tinsel, sewn onto the back of a white T-shirt. Halo made from another coathanger wrapped in tinsel and then a wand made from a garden cane (which had been supporting one of Dads prize fuschias) and a chistmas star on the top!!!!

When I got to the pub where the fancy dress part was.........I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN FANCY DRESS!!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Oh well, as I recall, I won the competition and got very very drunk too!!!!

SUCCESS!!!!

Puss Puss

15. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think it is Peter Kay who tells of going to a fancy dress party as a snail . . . when asked why he had a girl on his back he responded: "That's Michelle" :wink:

16. twigglet

twigglet Member

i went to a fancy dress party as tarzan wearing some skimpy bit of fur and a bit of brown stuff smeared over me....yey! (hmm regret that one now on reflection, looked a bit of a tart!)

also dressed up as an army girl with 5 mates which was fun had toy gun, camoflauge hit flask (with sneaky bottle of wine in, which i got past the bouncers...hurrah!), authentic russian army hat, dog tags and camoflauge army paint on face.

17. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Dress up as a terrorist once. Never got to the party, but I had an action adventure holiday in Cuba instead...

18. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

My friend (who is Barbie) and I dressed up as Patsy and Edina from AbFab for her birthday party. The resemblance was frightening especially when we tried to sing Wheel's On Fire....
    BMB

19. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

I once went with my ex as a schoolboy and schoolgirl, xept I went as the schoolgirl....plaid skirt, pigtails and stockings.

Some thought I enjoyed it too much......... :shock:

I've seen Bottyburp as a bride - the wedding dress was about 5 sizes too mal for him.

Oh..and there is a well know prince who plays for a band in Staffordshire who went to a medieval themed dinner as a gorrilla!! :lol:

20. goin to a panto themed party on new yrs eve. got myself a nice sky-blue frock with gold sparkly bits all over it and a huge wig. looks the part. nicked it all from me mums school too.
    oh, and by the way, i dont do drag on a regular basis or anything.........

21. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

hey alex

Is anybody actually still going as famous historical people?? I ordered my costume the other day (not a famous person though)...should have arrived on wednesday but still isn't here!! :cry: gutted so amur :wink: Wonder if it's accidently got lost in the post...hmmmmm......

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    :D
    Castle Kerwin
    fancy dress party
    week
    inspiration