Famous Former Pupils

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bbg, Sep 19, 2009.

1. bbg

bbg Member

Another outburst of randomness on my part..........

Did anyone who later became famous go to the same school as you?
    A boy who left Kirkcaldy High School just as I was arriving goes by the name of Gordon Brown, currently doing a spot of Prime Ministering (when he's not back home watching the mighty Raith Rovers) , whilst another FP is crime novelist Val McDermid.
  2. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

A friend of mine from school is currently 'on the way up'! Paddy Considine of The Bourne Ultimatum, A Room for Romeo Brass, In America etc. A top man doing very well!!
  3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Most of the kids I went to school with are frequently featured in the local paper - usually in the Magistrates Court pages!
  4. Blagger

Blagger Member

Nobody who I went to school with but I have taught a few - Freddie Flintoff, Steven Smith (the high jumper) and err "Katie" from Brookside :oops:
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

The only one I can think of is Danny Cadermarterie (ex Everton, Bradford, Huddersfield and now Dundee (I think) footballer)
  6. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Essex Elvis would like to inform all that Abi Titmus was a nurse on the ward that he managed!

(Personally, I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing ;) )
  7. leisa

leisa Active Member

Steve Macdonald from corrie went to my primary and high school, bit before I was there, although his parents still live round the corner from my parents.

Domonic Monoghan off of Lord of the Rings and Lost went to my college but left just before I started, apparently his brother teaches Maths at my old high school.

One guy who was there at the same time as me was an extra in the Parol Officer with Steve Cooogan and he was the guy knocking a nail into a wall on the new Dominoes ad.

My cousin, who also went to my high school is the lead in the new 'Athletes' vid.

errrrrrrrr think thats it :biggrin:
  8. Kjata

Kjata Member

Wow someones well connected lol!!!
  9. bbg

bbg Member

Close - Cadamarteri is at Dundee United, not Dundee - but their grounds are only about 100 yards apart!
  10. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Funny, you say that.

He also went to the same school as most of my cousins and family and his Uncle (Pretty sure) is the Head there.
  11. leisa

leisa Active Member

What school was that? It was Aquinas College I went to in stockport and one of the music teachers there taught him performing arts and used to tell us stories about him. I vaguley remember her saying what school he went to but cant remember
  12. Hells Bones

St. Anne's School in Stockport. Near Reddish.
  13. leisa

leisa Active Member

ahh makes sense. Is that a primary school or high school? Reddish Vale rang a bell with me but probably wrong!!
    Dunno if the rumour about his brother teaching maths at my old school was true.
  14. Hells Bones

It's a high school.

Reddish Vale is my dad's old school lol. It's the other side of Reddish to St. Anne's.
  15. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Arthur Bostrom - Crabtree from Allo Allo
  16. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Didn't think they were that far apart...opposites sides of the street! lol!
  17. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Ricky Ross (singer from Deacon Blue) went to my sister's school...not at the same time I hasten to add lol!
  18. Hells Bones

I know two young lasses who appeard in Waterloo Road.

They were only singing extras though.... ;)
  19. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

I don't think that any past pupils at my school are famous......

I think one became a radio presenter.....and one married a footballer....(don't know their names)
  20. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

The Headmaster from my old secondary school got famous before returning to school. Peter Rossborough, played Rugby Union for England in the 70s, full-back I believe.

My brother-in-law is David Barby, antiques expert often appearing on Bargain Hunt and Flog it on the BBC. He went to school ages before I was born though so might not count (although he does still live locally).