False Teeth

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stevetrom, Dec 8, 2004.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Since an unfortunate incident involveing, me , my motornike and a car when I was 17 i have had false teeth (top 3 centre teeth).

Initially the only problem i found was that i changed from a tenor horn/cornet player to a euph/trom/bass player.

22 years later i have started to have problems with the plate moving when i am playing and have had to start using fixadent to keep them in place.

Is it just my gums shrinking as i get old? (do the maths and you will understand why)

How many other players have the same sort of trouble?
  2. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Your Gums do start to shrink when you loose the teeth there

posibly you could get them re-made?
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Sounds like a refit is in order. Could be gums shrinking, could be that the teeth on either side have moved slightly (have you have any additional work, such as an extraction, which could account for this?)
  4. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

If you can afford it, replace the plate with a 3-crown bridge. You'll never look back!
  5. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Several years ago a good friend of mine, who was our solo trombone, had a serious cycling accident. After months waiting for the injury to heal he then had expensive bridge work on his top front teeth enabling him to start playing again.

It was a long painful process but worth it, he's now 2nd trombone with Black Dyke.