Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Redhorn, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Has anyone else here come across facebook.com? I was introduced to it yesterday, and its very addictive. Much more informative than myspace.com

I know there are a few banders signed up already, and quite a few good discussion groups (particularly about the superiority of the tenor horn, etc! lol)

I'm on there as David H, feel free to search and add.
  2. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

I was introduced to facebook a couple of months ago by some friends at Uni. I agree, it is very addictive!! :sup I've already met a couple of banders on there as well, I'm on as Darryl Rayner (original, I know!! :D)

3. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I am indeed

kimberley frewin

feel free to add me, i need more friends ;-)
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Facebook is very addictive and very exciting for getting back in touch with people from the long, dark and distant past!
  5. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

i'm on there too, but dont go on it much really
    its like stalker central!
    everyone knows what ya doin on it.. michael updated so & so 46 mins ago... michael went to the toilet.. michael is now bored and watchin most haunted
  6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Damn, you got me!! :D

Michael edited Interests, Quotes, Music, TV Shows and Movies in his profile. 12:01pm

February 27
    Michael commented on his own photo. 1:50pm

[​IMG]yeah, and i have your tights on my head!

Michael and Kelly Kenyon are now friends. 11:26am

February 26
    Michael and Jenny Helliwell are now friends. 6:04pm

Michael is listed as in a relationship. 9:42am

February 25
    Michael and Kelly Saunders are now friends. 12:17pm

Michael and Christine Collins are now friends. 12:17pm

February 24
    Michael and Aimee Richards are now friends. 10:34am

February 20
    Michael added new photos. 7:49am

Added to: random me - 5 Photos

February 17
    Michael and Sarah Thistlethwaite are now friends. 7:03pm
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  7. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I'm on there too, it is very addictive!
  8. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I spend far too much of my working day on Facebook! Although having finished uni I find it's great to keep in touch with friends that I'm not seeing any more. Plus I like the fact that people are there under their real names so no guessing who's who! Add me if you want - Sarah Lewis.
  9. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I got roped in too (thanks Kelly) though not sure I'll be spending much time on it. Much more interesting things to do (no offence meant). :p
  10. leisa

leisa Active Member

its much better than myspace its brill...i am leisa mallalieu
  11. six pints

six pints Active Member

Been on it for well over a year now... I love it how excited people get byt a change in relationship status!

I'm Cheryl Waterhouse if anyone wants to add/poke me!
  12. Ste69

Ste69 Member

I'm on there as Stephen Gibson (strange that) add me/poke me etc...
  13. Ste69

Ste69 Member

and I just added you all *Bwah ha ha ha ha ha*

(apart from David and Sarah) - too many of you to pick from :p
  14. Veri

Veri Member

I'd never thought of searching for instrument related groups. How many American groups are there devoted to the American baritone?!! I think I might set one up for second baritone players of the world to unite...
  15. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

16. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

aaargh tres tres addictive!! but through it I met up with an old friend from primary school who ended up going to the same uni! usernames Lizzi Haigh - nice and inventive :p
  17. Jamie

Jamie Member

I've been on facebook for a while... It's odd, I was thinking only the other day that I'd not been/ posted on tMP for ages, partly due to shortage of time and checking my facebook and bebo profiles instead. Can't say I'm a massive facebook fan, not because of anything inherent to it, but because of the sort of folk its dredged up from my past!

In my experiences (emphasis on that), the different sites attract different sorts of people. I can actually tell (albeit in a general way) what sort of a person someone is from whether they use facebook, bebo, faceparty, myspace or something else! I know that sounds like a huge stereotype, but its uncanny!

See my blog on jamodgery.bebo.com for explanations as to why, if you're at all interested! I tend to prefer bebo for the reasons explained therein, so facebooking tends to be a fleeting glance so I can keep up with how the other half live!

Anyway, must stop now before I end up writing another dissertaion on the moulding of personality through facebook!
  18. Key2207

Key2207 Member

I'm on facebook!! It's not as good as MySpace imo. Anyway... my username is Keely Owen.
  19. leisa

leisa Active Member

20. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I've succumbed! It really is quite addictive, although i'm not sure I like the big brother implications - Has Tony Blair joined?

oh, Garry Hallas! Feel free to add me. . .