Facebook - Problems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ploughboy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Ah trusty people of the internet world, my PC can't get to grips with the New version of facebook - i'm detached!

I Get the top 2cm's and the bottom 2cm's, application bar etc, but none of the content will show in the main part of the screen . . . Is it me?

thank you in advance for any help at all!!
    Garry

2. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Hi Garry,

I don't seem to have a problem, though my Lulu shop front doesn't always display like it should, other content is fine.

3. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

try updating to newest internet explorer, make sure that all latest java/flash/shockwave things are installed, i had a similar problem

4. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Let's face it-do you REALLY want it to display?

Come on....who else HATES the new Facebook? I don't understand!!!

:mad::frown::confused::-?:eek:

5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I find the whole concept of facebook a bit scary.
    there are certain things (quite a lot) I don't want to share with the general pubic
    the anonymity of tMP pm's is just about my limit :wink:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  6. leisa

leisa Active Member

Being the geek that you are Garry, I'd a thought you'd figured this out by now?

7. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I actually like the new facebook - come on guys move with the times.

I have created a group People who are sick of people who complain about new facebook. Lets get as many people as possible to sign up to it and show that there are people who like it as oppose to hearing people complain about it all the time!

8. leisa

leisa Active Member

Nope I agree with JesT, it stinks, its so slow as well and when you click on status updates it doesnt like giving you recent updates just updates from about 20 days ago (ok i exaggerate maybe 20 hours ago) its rubbish, they shold have just left it that way it was!

Its not about moving with the times, it just stinks

9. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

"new facebook" come on face it, its not going away...and all they have done is move everything 3cm to the left, and made the blue/grey box a bit wider...how can it have caused such a mass panic?

10. leisa

leisa Active Member

Nope, instead of having everything on one page which was so much simpler you now have tabs, plus the general running of it has gone shoddy in my opinion. I am getting 'updates' on the news feed from 2 weeks ago and the status updates first information is from yesterday or day day before and not current like it used to be. I want to be nosy for todays information not last weeks!!!!!! ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Facebook
    Garry
    internet world
    cm
    Facebook - Problems
  12. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm sorted it was just the fact my internet explorer needed updating -now on 8! didn'r even know it existed!

13. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Just for the record, facebook is now a mess. Not only slower, but on several recent occasions it actually crashed Firefox, (I also hate internet exploder) add to that, even when working, if I open another tab and go to look at a different page elsewhere, I would get a notification of a reply to any chat going on on the old facebook from the original tab, so could go back to answer. Now there is no notification, which means constantly going back to check.

14. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

slower? what do you mean? My PC is perfectly fine with it apart from when my whole internet is a bit slow.

stop bleedin moaning.

Nev, there are notifications on the new facebook chat when you open a new tab.

leisa, I don't know what's up with yours but I get people's status updates from minutes ago, sometimes seconds if I happen to be on the right page.

The people moaning don't have the sufficient equipment - that is why it is slow, no other reason.

15. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

[head over the parapet for a quick shot at the rent boy!]

i'm finding face book to be a real pain at the mo. Its slow, it is constantly kicking me out. every so often, it wont let me use the apps, and wont refresh.......

Now then young un! There is absolutely nowt wrong with either my internet conection, or either pc i'm using. The main pc is running a pretty damn quick dualcore processor,with 3 gig of ram to back it up..... although the laptop is older, when i move between pc's, both show the same error, at the same time. i can therefore say with confidence, that y equipment is morethan suufficient!!!!
    [ducks back down to the relative saftey of the sofa!]

16. leisa

leisa Active Member

ditto to supersop!

we have 2 brand new laptops with all the sufficient equipment on and a desktop, its slow on all three and gives updates from weeks ago on all three. You MRB, are cleaarly one of few :rolleyes: and I am sure if yours wasn't working as well as it used to, you would be 'bleein moaning' as well :mad: