F.A. Cup Final Ticket Allocation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by LeDragon, Apr 12, 2008.

1. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I've just read that both clubs are only getting 25,000 tickets each for the final. I presume that the other 40,000 seats will be going corporate then. I think this stinks to be honest and feel sorry for genuine fans of either club who aren't going to be able to get a ticket for the final.

2. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

How many games would either Portsmouth or Cardiff have anywhere near 25,000 of their own fans supporting them ?

Portsmouth average crowd 20k and Cardiff 15k (Inc. away fans).

I'm not saying I agree with the so many tickets going to corporate sales, but imagine if this were teams who have more season ticket holders than that

3. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Yes, and I'm sure it would be exactly the same allocation of tickets. So, as I said, it stinks!

4. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

The other thing to consider is that FA/E-on will probably want to make up some of the money they'll have undoubtedly have lost with not having at least one of the big appeal clubs in the final (no disrespect to the teams who have got through - they're there so they deserve it). I wouldn't expect the TV revenue to be as big this year.

Still as I say 25k tickets should be more than enough for not only the genuine fans of Pompey and Cardiff but quite a few less regular supporters as well.

5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Sounds like there are enough tickets to cover all the season ticket holders. Finals, in most sports in many nations are the same way. Many though, the season ticket holders are put into a lottery

It is the corporate money that makes it all go. They sell those LONG before they have any idea what teams will make it.

In the US, the Stanley Cup Finals, the World Series, the NBA finals and the Superbowl are very similar.

Now my opinion (I get the UK football channel here which is great) is that a match with "lessor-known" teams will be great. The outcome will NOT be be predetermined by the pundits. If it is like the US, the TV ratings do just fine. It is when you get one powerhouse and one unknown that problems occur.

Then if an upset happens, people slap their heads and wonder why they didn't watch.

Jim

6. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I know it does stink, but in my opinion the genuine supporters are the corporate people. They support the team more as they pay more for the tickets and corporate facilities. Its the way football has been going since sky took over, thats why I don't bother following it anymore and get the free tickets.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008