Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Oct 3, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Help! I've got a flicky eye. It's driving me berserk and I look like a total basket case. (No change there then, some might say) It happens every now and again and it's always my left eye. Tried rubbing it, poking it, even slept on it but no joy. Anyone else ever have this and what do you do?
  2. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

i had it a couple of months ago, it would just happen every so often, and drive me mad! i don't know how it stopped tho! i think it was happening because i was stressed out at the time! maybe try getting more sleep and that. i hope someone on here knows how 2 sort it properly so i know 4 next time!
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

okees!!! right then!, we actuall have an eye person on here so just incase she doesnt see it ill use the clever little tooley thingey me bob at the top of the page to email it to her, see if we cant get you two sorted.

**edit: email thingy sent!!**
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  4. Di

Di Active Member

I've got a twitch too, over my right eye. Has been going on an off for a couple of months now. You're right, it does drive your nuts! :mad:
  5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

one of our HOD's at work has a twitch which gets worse as she gets more stressed!
    To make matters worse the kids know what happens and wind her up in lessons to watch her twitch!!!!!!

It's certainly stress related!
  6. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

I had this problem when I first started teaching and it lasted about three months, then just disappeared. Of course I now AM a basket case having been a primary teacher for 16 years. Strangely the tic hasn't returned...
  7. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I get that all the time! Does my head in! I went to see an optician and basically it's from excessive amounts of time staring at a computer screen. If I don't use a computer for a couple of days (which is very rarely) it goes away. I have very little will-power though :(
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I get this occassionally too. I'm never aware of it starting..at least I don't think I am :confused: ...and I never really notice when it stops...i just sometimes register that it's doing it, and then some time later I'll think "oh...wonder when my eye stopped twitching?" It's wierd.
  9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I get this too sometimes. In a way I'm a bit happier to see I'm not the only one who suffers from this - I thought I was just a bit weird...(yeah OK, I know). The "attacks" (I call them attacks as it sounds much more dramatic...:rolleyes: ) can last for a couple of seconds, up to several minutes or longer, and I can't see any pattern to them. So any advice on how to get rid of it would be good to hear.
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- like this?
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Do you think I'll get away with a medical note to work saying I'm suffering from blepharospasm?;)
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I'm sure it will raise an eyebrow or two (no pun intended :cool: )
  13. I think this is usually when you don't get enough sleep- I know that I get it if I've not been sleeping properly over the period of about a week- a couple of good nights sleep (at least 8 hours) usually sorts it out!
  14. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Yup, definitely sounds like Blepharospasms. Blepharo refers to the eyelids & spasms does as it says on the tin. Mainly caused when you are over tired, stressed, using a VDU a lot. Should be renamed Tmperspasms!! Nothing you can do except the obvious. No magic eye drops I'm afraid!