Explaining the off-side rule to women

Discussion in 'General Sports Chat' started by Redhorn, May 30, 2006.

1. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

(Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere before!)

------------------------------------------------------------------ ----- ---------

So, you're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the same till.

Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes that you have seen and you must have them.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them and is also eyeing them up with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the woman in front of you if you had no money to pay for the shoes, wouldn't it now.

The shop assistant stays at the till.

Your friend is trying another pair of shoes on at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

Se prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does, you can catch the purse and walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch, she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper, and while the purse is in the air, you could nip round the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes.

ALWAYS remember that until the purse has been thrown it would be just plain wrong of you to be ahead of the other shopper, considering she was there first.

Well done, you just learnt the offside rule

2. Matt-Trom939

Matt-Trom939 Member

That is possibly the best analogy for the offside rule ive ever heard.

BRAVO!

3. BA Baritone

BA Baritone Member

That is absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Maybe a little funny, however, I understand the football explanation better. Anyway I don't know many women that would be standing in a queue without their purse with them! That's a man's thing isn't it? ;)

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

No Susan...that's something COMPLETELY different. :roll:

6. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

i'm with you on that - I wouldn't stand in a queue without my purse :D