Experienced Cornet Player- Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Mad Professor, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Mad Professor

Mad Professor New Member

Hi there

I'm an experienced cornet/flugel (Although I would prefer cornet) based in Yorkshire. I have played in Championship section and First section bands. I see myself continuing to play at this level although I would consider ambitious second section bands.

My main experience is on the back row and I consider my best position to be repiano. I'm currently playing with a band at the moment but I'm looking for a new challenge.

Are there any vacancies out there?????

Mad Prof
  2. TinklePipe

TinklePipe New Member

Yorkshire Imps (Championship Section) have backrow vacancies, if you are interested please PM me and I'll provide you contact details for the band manager.

We rehearse in Methley, just off the M62 (near Wakefield) on a Monday and Thursday evening 8pm until 10pm. Great bunch of people, hardworking and ambitious.

We have a varied performing schedule for the autumn, further details as well as contact details for band members can be found on our website www.yorkshireimps.co.uk

If your interested drop me a line.

3. Albert Fairbrother

Albert Fairbrother New Member

Where are you in Yorkshire ? A fairly large county for sure.
  4. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Yorkshire could be a country itself!
    are you north, west, south, or east ridings?
  5. Mad Professor

Mad Professor New Member

Very true, it is a huge place!! I'm based around the Leeds and Castleford area
  6. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Frickley South Elmsall are looking for a front row cornet player to strengthen their team for an assault on promotion to 1st section. Check out the website of this ambitious 2nd section band, www.fsebb.co.uk not too far away from Castleford, I'm sure we could sort out some travelling arrangements!
  7. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

We may be too far, but you'd be more than welcome to come for a blow at Hatfield.
  8. richardcowens

richardcowens Member

think were looking for a cornet player at hebden bridge (1st section)
  9. robcornet

robcornet Member

Might be too far for you to travel but Cottingham Band in east Yorkshire are looking for cornet players. PM me and I will pass details onto you.
  10. paddo

paddo Member

Innovate Skelmanthorpe Band are in need of a quality rep player. If you would like more info please PM me or call me on 07966 503549,

11. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Stocksbridge are looking for cornet players. Very friendly band with a long succesful history (The band from the Full Monty).
    If you fancy popping down for a blow let me know, even if you just want to come for a rehearsal and see the lay of the land..
    Edward Knowles 07931 182391
  12. Wetherby Silver Band are looking for a solo cornet (second man). We're in the Yorkshhire region, 2nd section. We've just had a very successful day out at the Hardraw Scar contest, winning the solo prize, best 2nd section band and just 1 point behind Harrogate (Champ Sec)...

See our website for details: www.wetherbysilverband.org.uk

It's very quick and easy to get to Wetherby from Leeds or Castleford...

Cheers, Kevin
  13. Lna

Lna Member

The Ripon City Band are looking for front row and back row cornet players. We are a friendly and sociable third section band but desperately need strong commited players to reach higher places! Please visit our website if you are at all interested! www.riponcityband.co.uk
  14. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I reckon I know you - I could be wrong, but ...........??
    - Wilky
  15. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

As LNA says (who travels from Wakefield), Ripon have space on all cornet seats for committed players. We do understand work and family commitments and we like a pint or 8 after band (8 when wife will drive) (like tonight)

We do have players who can’t commit fully which is why we have so many spaces as an (associate player) who doesn’t hold a seat. (AP) players come when they can and are valued members, but we need to build the full timers back ready for the areas.

POP down for a blow (brass players) a bang (perc players) or just a pint ALL PLAYERS.

RIPON CITY BAND. On the move upwards, with YOUR HELP