Exodus by Eric Ball

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Big Fella, May 12, 2003.

1. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

Pilkington's Contest this year, have stated, you can play any piece you want as long as it's by Eric Ball !!!
    Has anybody ever heard, or even played " Exodus " ??????
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We've been looking at Exodus for a little while now, although we have not played it out as yet. It has elements that recur in Resurgam, and has a couple of declamatory phrases for basses and bass trombone that call for a bit of stamina!
  3. Mr Smiler

Mr Smiler Member

If you're after a recording of "Exodus" you can find it on a CD (which I think was the first double CD the International Staff Band produced) called "Blazon" which was produced in 1991.
  4. NeilW

NeilW Member

I thought I'd played an Eric Ball version of Exodus, but on checking it was a John Knight arrangement :(

Sounds of Brass Series Vol 17 (Decca SB317) did include Easter Hymn from Cavalleria Rusticana (Mascagni arr Eric Ball), however, if it was ever published (we had the manuscript)

5. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Exodus is one of Eric Ball's early Salvation Army classics and tells in music the story of the escape of the Hebrews from slavery into Egypt.

The International Staff Band recorded this again in 2001 and it appears on their CD 'Glory Glory'.
    For further details, please follow this link; www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/21987.html

Score & parts are available at £24.95 by following this link;

If we can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to ask.
  6. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Although the CD has been out of print for some time, Blazon is now available to purchase as a download either whole or individual tracks.
    Click here for Exodus, just £1.49!