Exmouth Festival '06!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by hells_baritone, Aug 27, 2006.

1. hells_baritone

hells_baritone New Member

whose going then?! has to be one of my favourite contests, only bettered by pontins...I'm going for the first time in 3 years, can't wait!
  2. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

South Molton are going i think! Not that im involved with them! :rolleyes: :tongue:
  3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'll be there with Lympstone! My first Exmouth contest EVER, and I'm very much looking forward to it!! :biggrin:
  4. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Yes South Molton will be there. First outing with our new MD - Terry Treherne, who's working us really hard!!! :tup
  5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

No it isn't! You and Kelly were so there last year weren't you?

South Molton are there (yes I know two people have already said!) I love love love the music we are playing and I am VERY excited! Can't wait to go to Exmouth.... a week a day after the contest I'm moving there! :D:D:D:D I'm going to find my new house and see what it looks like! :tongue:
  6. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Nope! Torquay was our first contest with Lympstone...I believe I had a moan because I had something else on last year and couldn't go to Exmouth...I can't remember why!!
  7. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Hey I'm doing this contest for the first time with Lympstone apparently.....is it any good? I don't know what they are playing, I don't know what part I'm playing but I'm sure it'll be great!! :tup I may not be though!! Anyway, see you all there....I will be the one in the red jacket with a welsh accent, you'll spot me.....I 'hold' a cornet!!:tup See you in band Liz.:)

Update (05/09/06) - I will be playing 4th man down.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I vote baritone!! :biggrin:
  9. meandmycornet

You don't have a welsh accent though! I can actually understand what you say! Every other welsh person I've spoken too.... i've just had to nod and say yes every so often! :tongue:

You're buying the drinks aren't you tim? :D
  10. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Good luck to all on Saturday!

The weather forcast looks good at the moment, although it could do with cooling down slightly - that hall gets really hot as the day goes on - & we're not playing until after lunch :(

For regular attenders - I believe SWBBA are borrowing our PA system for the outside performances so at least the bands can communicate with the audience this year and isn't it great we don't have to take our own stands and percussion on stage!!!

See you all there!
  11. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Oooh Oooh Oooh! I thought i better say a quick good luck to everyone taking part too :)

Be entertaining! ;)
  12. hells_baritone

now that was legendary! and the band I sat in with finished 2nd...a good days work! :clap:
  13. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Results from yesterday are as follows-

Best Overall Band: Soundhouse Brass (Plymouth) cond. Steve Sykes.

Best Entertainment: Soundhouse Brass.

Best Soloist: Emma Heard (Flugel) Soundhouse Brass.

Best Trombone Section: Soundhouse Brass (Darrall Alexander Ian Heard Nick Nye.)

Best Percussion: Lympstone SWT Band.

Highest 2nd Section Band: Soundhouse Brass.

Highest 3rd Section Band: South Molton.

Highest 4th Section Band: Sidmouth Town Band.

Highest Unregistered Band: Tiverton Town Band.

Soundhouse`s programme:
    Trumpeter`s Holiday. arr Sykes.
    Dance Hongroise. Delibes. arr Siebert.
    You Needed Me. arr Brevik. Flugel Solo.
    African Adventure. Darrol Barry.
    Heroic March from Epic Symphony. P Fletcher.
    Sing Sing Sing. arr Ray Woodfield

Many thanks to the SWBBA for a thoroughly enjoyable day. :)
  14. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

Does anyoen have the full results for Exmouth yet?!

It was a fantastic day, really enjoyed listening to all the bands. As its mainly Lympstone players reading this well done, a good performance! Please go and win the nationals! lol.

Anyway until later..

(A very proud member of Soundhouse Brass)
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  15. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

Shame you can't spell isn't it Steve.....

Well done though, I thought your first couple of items were very good, and Emma had another good day! Liked Steve Sykes' singing too.

Well done to Hayle too, good result (3rd place).

But especially well done to Lympstone, thought we did great seeing as though we've been rehearsing the finals piece for weeks rather than Exmouth programme. Thanks to Sam for helping us on Percussion, fantastic! Well deserved Best Percussion! :clap:

Just 12 days to the final.....
  16. hells_baritone

why thank you! had a brill time playing for lympstone, certainly an experience I wont forget for a while...what a legendary band! if I end up at one of the devon uni's next year, lympstone band will certainly be my first port of call! :biggrin:
  17. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Congratulations to all competeing bands, the weather was great so listening to the bands outside on the grass was great, I really enjoyed it but the beer in my hand did help too....thanks to Lympstone for letting me play!! It was good to meet you, Sam, and yes it was a good day. Although, you must remember.....if you go to uni in Wales, Rogerstone is the place to be!!:D
  18. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Fantastic day. From the bands that I heard both inside & out I think there was a huge increase in quality of performance and programmes this year. We won our section - no huge fete as there was only us in it!! However, we think we played well and had a great time preparing a whole new program in just 3 weeks with our new MD.

Well done Soundhouse and Lympstone percussion!!!
  19. meandmycornet

no huge fete mum? Your having a spelling test when you get home! :tongue:

Well done to Soundhouse... didn't hear you but you were obviously good :tongue:

and well done to Sam the percussion man .... loved your crawling up the stairs to get you trophy! Oooh did they Heyl man give you your bag back? You left in the hall you numpty!

Just incase anyone wants to know... we played:

Cortege from Mlada
    Speak Softly Love - Theme from the Godfather (Euph Solo)
    Swingtime Religion
    Midst all the Traffic (Song setting of Shenandoah)
    Le Cid (Excerpts from the Ballet Music)

Absolutely loved our programme and really enjoyed rehearsing it!

Of the bands I heard... My best was Sidmouth :)
  20. Di

Di Active Member

Ooh, Fi be careful. I reckon you're going to be getting a lesson too, what do you reckon Mum? ;)