Exmouth Entertainment Results... (from 18-09-04)

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Naomi McFadyen, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I can only remember the prizes that the band I played in won (Soundhouse Brass) :lol:

Maybe someone else can fill in the gaps for me! :-D

Best Overall: Soundhouse Brass
    Best 2nd section band: Soundhouse Brass
    Best Percussion Section: Soundhouse Brass ;-)

Best Ungraded Band: Tiverton
    Best 4th Section band: Brixham
    Best 3rd Section band: South Molton
    Best 1st Section band: Torbay
    Best Youth Section: Saltash Youth
    Best set of Trombones: Tiverton
    Best Soloist: Solo Cornet, Pheonix Brass

;)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  2. Jane

Jane New Member

Congratulations on your success!:)

Does anyone know the full results from yesterday??

3. djwrench

djwrench New Member

Yay! Woo-hoo!...ahem

I think Tiverton Town won best Non-contesting band? and Torbay won 1st section prize? The solo cornet was from Phoenix Brass.

And best entertainment was Lympstone?

I think they are all right, but can't be 100%, had too many people screaming in my ears!

Dave

4. Jane

Jane New Member

thank you very much!

5. Naomi McFadyen

Cheers Dave! Thought the solo cornet was from Pheonix... :lol:

Yea got very noisey once the results were being read out!!... :D :cool:
    C'MON!!!! :lol:

6. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

phoenix brass i think

and we won!! Come on Saltash, yet another trophie to add to our collection! :p

7. Naomi McFadyen

yes we've established that now thank you Stevey boy.... :)

and yes, well done Saltash Youth.... shame u were the only youth band there though :lol: ;-)

8. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

well yes we were the only youth band, but werent soundhouse the only 2nd section?? lol

and i jsut need to start reading whole topics lol

9. Naomi McFadyen

No there were several 2nd section bands... Lympstone are, as are Pheonix as well I think (but i could be wrong).... prolly a couple others as well but I forget who cos I only saw the programme of bands briefly ;-)

10. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

phoenix are non contesting i beleive?

****general comment, not trying to insult anyone here!***

but look at what else went on that day, i must say that the behavious of some of the bands was appalling.i saw full scale player poaching among other things!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    TivertonBest Soloist: Solo Cornet
    Soundhouse BrassBest
    Percussion Section
    :-D
    someone
  12. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Congrats to soundhouse. Was Hayley playing? if so pass on my regards (and how did the band cope with two blonde percussionsts ;) ?)

13. Alex Macrae

Alex Macrae New Member

Congratulations to Soundhouse Brass

Hi All Soundhouse members,

Really pleased you managed to pick up a few trophies again this Year. Rachel and I would loved to have been there, especially as you managed to beat Lympstone once again. This is becoming a bit of a habit! Keep it up and maybe we will meet at the Nationals next Year. Only three throphies this time though?

All the best

Alex

14. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Wrong I'm afraid. they are very much a contesting band, from Wiltshire, I think

15. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Just to fill the gaps,

Tiverton Town won the best trombone section and South Molton were best third section band.
    Just for the record Phoenix Brass (Crewkerne) are a very good second section band and we were very pleased that we managed to pip them.
    Well done to Brian and his team from the SWBBA, another great day.

Thanks to Naomi for helping us out again, the percussion prize was the icing on the cake.... remember... FOCUS!

Ian H

Soundhouse Brass.

16. Naomi McFadyen

Pheonix sounded very good indeed... :)

WhatSharp: Yes Hayley was playing :) Will send on regards, although Ian will probably do the same no doubt :)
    Kirmit: Pleasure to be helping and playing again; and also the brief bit of Kirsty-sitting(!), who wants percussion lessons from me as soon as I'm finished up here!... :lol:
    Loved it as always; fantastic to help get the percussion prize this year and look forward to next year already! May or may not see you guys at Christmas, but if not, Easter.... and if not.... definatly during summer at some stage!! :lol: :)
    Alex and Rachel: Thanks for the email earlier... I will reply tomorrow at some stage with all the gossip! :-D ...You would have enjoyed a great day on Saturday.
    Glad your settling well at your new place :)

will edit first post with updates... cheers guys! :)

17. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

i stand corrected! they were extremely good.

Weldone Soundhouse, you had a very entertaining program.

18. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Hi,

Just read the 4br write up on this contest and forvive me but its a new one for me but what great contest this sounds no registration. up to 35 players and an opportunity to play some concert work in and around the venue.

Excellent stuff - congratulations to the bands and everyone concerned

Ian