Exciting additions at Golcar Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Ruth Lumb, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Ruth Lumb

Ruth Lumb Member

Exciting additions at Golcar Band.
    There have been a number of new signings at the Golcar Band in Yorkshire.

There seem to be exciting times ahead at Golcar after a major recruitment drive has landed a number of talented new players.

'This is a new look Golcar Band and I am very excited about the future for the band'

~ MD, Michael J. Cox

New players

Sam Jennings joins the band on bass trombone, whilst Jamie Thorpe takes the principal euphonium seat. Martin Attwood and Kathy Attwood join on percussion and cornet respectively, whilst Mark and David Hinton come in on BBb bass and repiano cornet.

Nigel Davies is the new soprano cornet, whilst Jayne Sykes and her daughter Isobel will both be playing on 3rd cornet.

New look

Musical Director Michael J. Cox told 4BR: "This is a new look Golcar Band and I am very excited about the future for the band. To recruit nine members in twelve weeks in the job shows the ambition the band has."

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    recruitment drive
    Michael J. Cox
    Golcar Band
    additions
    Golcar Band.
  3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Ruth,

I'm still interested in the Eb bass position and will pop over on monday :tup

4. Ruth Lumb

Ruth Lumb Member

Hi Stella,
    That is excellent, we look forward to meeting you. If you walk down the hill past the main doors of the Chapel there is a little gate on your right, we rehearse down there. If you need any more info just let me know.
    All the best Ruth