Excellent Yorkshire Area Committee Website

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by iancwilx, Oct 27, 2006.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

2. winterman

winterman Member

Agreed, nice work Peggy and the crew..

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

That's great! Well done whoever was responsible for putting that together. :clap:

4. gawber

gawber Active Member

Clear and concise, well done!

5. Naval Nick

Naval Nick Member

What I want to know is, when will all other regions follow suit? Well done Yorkshire, you are a beacon for all.

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Have to agree with that, it is a very clear and concise www site.

7. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

8. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

I wonder if they would be so bold as to publish the remarks from the contests? I think that would be brilliant!

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

As have Scotland - http://www.sbba.org.uk

Last years Scottish Championship coverage can be found at http://www.sbba.org.uk/scottish2006.html

Will start work on coverage for 2007 after New Year.

10. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Would be a great idea as long as bands didn't mind bad ones being published as well as the good ones!!!!

We (EYMS) have started putting ours on the website (usually as news items, or with the photos)

Also - North of England Region have this: North of England Regional Committee

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Yorkshire Area Committee
    Yorkshire Area
    Wilky
    years
    new Yorkshire Area website
  12. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

In all fairness, it would allow greater transparency as to understanding the adjudicators decisions. When, say 4br put their opinion on their (widely read) site it would allow comparison with what the adjudicators actually thought (where opinion differs).

Is there a reason why they should not put transcripts of their own adjudicators remarks on their own website? It would be easy enough to do and would be a fantastic point of reference (good or bad)

13. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I would not have a problem with that but I can see two issues.

1) Who would collect them in from the bands and transcribe them onto computer. Please don't think it can be done whilst waiting on the results cos it can't.

2) What about the wee player who starts greetin' because an adjudicator made a remark about their playing. There will always be those sensitive souls who do not wish their mistakes to be made public knowledge on a website.

14. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

In the case of St. Georges I'm pretty sure the place has a photocopier, the remarks could be scanned onto the site a few days later, transcription may not be required. 2 MINUTE JOB.

Why not? we all go to the area knowing we will be judged on how well we play. The adjudicator never names names anyway, because they're in a box! It's no different than 4br saying 'this section was let down by poor intonation from the trombones', (example only). Would it not be the same for every band?

15. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Is it?

I agree. All I was saying was that there are people who would object to this. This is the prime reason why I was asked to remove my own bands remarks from various contests from our own website.

16. Ali

Ali Member

Quote: (Originally Posted by JohnnyEuph)
    Why not? we all go to the area knowing we will be judged on how well we play. The adjudicator never names names anyway, because they're in a box! It's no different than 4br saying 'this section was let down by poor intonation from the trombones', (example only). Would it not be the same for every band?

I would have to disagree with you here. 4BR do have a tendancy to mark out individual palyers mistakes. If you dont belive me then read the YBS write up from the nationals. Im sure that the player already knows that he/she made a mistake as do the people who were present. By announcing to all and sundry that a particular player on a particular seat made a mistake isnt really helpfull to anyone!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006