ex silkstone player looking for band in south yorkshire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ex-silkstone- player, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Hey people,

Names Martin i am 20 and live in rotherham. I have been playing since i was 8 years old. i left silkstone 15 months ago and not played a note since.

i started out at a band called worsbrough brass when they first formed and when i felt could not progress any more with them i joined a band called Wards which changed its name to Weaver and is now called Strata. After progressing up the ranks in the second section with these on to the rep position i also re-joined Worsbrough to help bring on there cornet section and i also started to conduct there quartet section which whom i took to the Barnsley music festival at Keresforth hall in which they won there section. i then joined a band aiming for higher, bigger and better sights, Old Silkstone Brass Band.

At this point silkstone were in the second section and i joined on 4th man down. That year they won lots of competition including the, pontins, yorkshire area. The final in dundee we should have won but git place 6th. But what a time it was.

Then last year i left the band and moved to rotherham. Im glad i did but wish i still played, as Sikstone then got promoted to the championship. Congradulations to them and wish them all the best in that section. Show grimi and the black dikes of this section what a band with spirit and heart sound and play like.

As i said at the top i no longer play but im looking for a band to play with in the rotherham area to get my lip back in.

Anyone any ideas?

thanks all
    Martin

2. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Come down to Killamarsh, not far from Rotherham. Very relxed, friendly band. Tubafran can give you more details.

3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Been there, seen it, done it.

4. dlbw21

dlbw21 New Member

Hi Martin,

Believe you may have spoken to our Chairman in Rotherham. We are a 2nd section band (Dinnington Colliery) - if you want to get in touch, drop me an e-mail at brookes-wright@tiscali.co.uk.

Joanne