EX MD Adjudicating

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by eckyboy, Mar 3, 2004.

1. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Do other members think it's a bonus or a handicap for one of your old MD's taking an important contest.Will they be looking for the same old flaws or be impressed if you've improved.

2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

or would they hold a grudge that you'd improved :p

3. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

LOL-never thought of that one :lol: True though

4. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Can't they have some rule where anybody who has conducted one of the bands can't adjudicate the contest. I know this might be a bit difficult in Championship section, but it would surely make it look fairer.

5. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I experienced this once at an open adjudication contest - and it was very interesting to note that the adjudicator put his pen down at the start of the piece for a good 2 minutes and seemed rather interested in his nails...

Guess what - we didn't do anything in that contest!

Rach x

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

I fail to see how this should be an issue and I dont think players scepticism helps the negative thoughts we all have about contest results. These people are paid to give an objective adjudication, I dont think it would do their reputations any good to be so petty and I am sure contest controllers would have a few words to say. If you loose you say the ex MD has it in for you, if you win the other bands say it was a fix. Just get on with it and play to the best of your ability, what more can you do!!!

7. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

But it wouldn't be an issue if the adjudicator had no connections with any of the bands.

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

So what do you do, tell bands they cant enter contests cos someone associated with the band is adjudicating or tell the adjudicator he cant do the job because his daughters music teachers sons friends uncle is playing drums for band number 6?!?!?!?! Everyone knows everyone in banding and as soon as people get over these conspiracy theories the better.

9. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Our adjudicators cannot see us as we play. Perhaps if your ex-MD DOES adjudicate you, this may be to your advantage??