Evil, evil teachers!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lottie4744, Dec 22, 2004.

1. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I think that it is only right to inform you that................. the teachers at my school are threatening to filter tMP! so dear people I need a case to stop them from filtering it.......... that's where you come in!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

3. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

hiw can thay do a thing when thay did that at my old skool i e-maild rm filtering and thay gave the tec who done it black points. and told him not to filter that site again
  4. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

oooOOOooo me think's I'm going to have to threaten them with that then!!!! mwahahaha
  5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Teachers are pure evil.We have smartfilter ive never actualy tried going on here at scool but i doubt it will let me.
  6. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Well this is for anyone whose school has the same filter as mine- there's a red lightening symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and if you double click (well sort of click it constantly for a few minutes) a new window appear and you can close it. That way noone knows what site you're on and therefore it won't be blocked. My teachers are equally evil and have blocked my band site, and my IT teacher has bought a new program that means she can see everything we type or do all the time. It's like being constantly spied on, it's terrible.
  7. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Could it be that they think that when you are at school, you should be working?

I know it is a bit of a revolutionary idea to comprehend, but they might have this viewpoint.
  8. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

There might be other pupils wanting to use the computers for work.
  9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

dunno how you can get out of that one lol, but in my school, we have smart filter, which means i can still access tmp (as i sometimes do) only thing is you have to be careful which classes and teachers you attempt to access it with. all the teachers in the school can look at any computer screen on the network, its a case of if they choose to use it or not. also if a pupil is not doing the work they are meant to be doing the teacher who appears to be sat at their laptop looking at something, can then take over the pupils screen, meaning the pupil cant control their computer, meaning the teacher people can see all, do all and be all.
  10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

yer but when we're in IT classes and everyone's got a computer and say i've finished my work i'll come on tMP! so I don't see how that affecting anyone else!
  11. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I completely agree. What I was trying to say is that I don't see why we can't go on websites as long as the work gets done when it's supposed to. I understand that some website have to be blocked, but I don't see anything wrong with tMP and brass band websites.
  12. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Along the same sentiments...during classtime...you should be engaged in classwork. (During freetime you should be allowed on tMP)

If your teachers haven't given you enough to work on to keep you busy during class time...pm me their e-mail address and I'll have a chat with them ;)
  13. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

In our school we have a computer for each student and very few of the students turn up for school in the first place, so in theory those who turn up have 2 + computers each!
  14. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

:shock: :x Filter tMP??! Nooooo!! They can't do that! It's an educational site! :eek: