Evil evil expensive badgers. . .

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'd just like to share my woes with you all.

On the way home from band last night an evil badger (badger not of BMB origin) ran out right in front of me. The result:
      • One broken radiator
      • One broken fog light
      • One messed up undercarriage bit
      • One very annoyed Twigge
      • One hurt back
      • One insurance premium about to go up
      • One angry Twigge
      • One angry Twigge with no car until tuesday
      • One not so alive badger
    Rant over. Going to go and be grumpy all day now.
  2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Ouch. Not a very nice thing to happen... :(
  3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

just what I was thinking! poor, poor little badger :p

hope your alright aswell though caroline :)
  4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Must have been a nasty shock - hope your injuries aren't too serious though Caroline.

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sounds like an excelent day to sit back chill and down a couple of botlles of red wine.;)

see ya soon caz
  6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

. . . fire up the Barbecue and cook those lovely Badger Burgers!

7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Thanks for your concern.
    I'm fine, just a little annoyed about the amount of damage a badger can do!
    But nevermind eh, luckily I can drive mum's car so I'm going out for lunch and then out partying tonight ~ The perfect remedy I think; sadly not for the badger though.
  8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You'll find it on the Ellesmere road out of Wem....
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Aye and I bet the badgers very annoyed at the amount of damage a car can do! :sup

Hope your alright though, just don't make a habit of killing badgers though...charva's thats what you shoud be running over! :biggrin:
  10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

aww the poor little badger!!
    Evil nasty car!
    Nah hope your OK!
  11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Ooo-errrrr! :(

"Badgers (Meles meles) Badger baiting with dogs has been illegal since the last century, digging for badgers was made illegal by the Badger Act 1973 and badger setts were protected in 1991. It is now illegal to kill, injure or take a badger, to possess a dead badger or anything derived from it, or to interfere with a sett without a licence from a statutory authority."

12. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Hmm they cant do anything about it though it wasnt on purpose.An it was kinda the badgers fault aswell...
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

mmmm! I don't think you can teach badgers how to cross roads safely. It might have been one of it's established pathways. I wonder if badgers, killed in road accidents, have to be officially reported to the local wildlife trust?
  14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Its possible.
    Are you trying to get Big Twigge sued?
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... NOPE!!! Badgers are protected animals in the UK. To make sure that they survive as a species, systems usually are in place to record their lifestyle, breeding numbers and environmental effects. If they are known to cross roads at particular places, fences can be put up to stop more getting killed. But they can't help the beasts unless the RSPCA or Wildlife Trust get feedback or information about the accident.
  16. keith hemming

keith hemming New Member

Poor badger, they are quite a lump if you have ever tried moving them, being in the country we have quite a few, likewise you are unable to teach a badger the best way to cross a road and they are not best at pelikan crossings either, get them cornered and they have been known to attack a human, ( no i do not jest ) :rolleyes:
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I think we're in an area highly populated with badgers, so much so that they managed to cause 1/4 million pounds worth of damage by destroying the canal bank.
    There are so many dead on the roads it's unbelievable!
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... wasn't trying to knock (or is it badger) you, by the way! It's just that there is more than a few of us have never seen one and it was unfortunate that both of you were introduced that way!
  19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

They are lovely animals when you see them wondering around, as are foxes too (there is some great wildlife to be seen, a huge buzzard flew in front of me today, was beautiful!)

At the moment though, there does seems to be a real problem with road kill, it's awful- 5 years of driving the country roads and I'd never run anything over until now :(
  20. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

These things happen Caroline.... the main thing is that you're ok... :)