Evil Evil Exercise...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I have played tennis twice this week, combining this with shoe box rearranging at work and somehow I hurt like a very hurty thing.

My back is all knotty and my right hand and wrist hurt (in a tennis related or shoe box related manner....)

So why do we bother? it hurts and it makes me hungry so I eat more anyway!

Forgot to mention I beat Elin (Twigglet) both times....yesterday was 9-7, 6-2 :cool: yey!
  2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Aww no poor caroline!! I soooo can understand what you mean with the whole shoebox thing! I used to work in a shoe shop and shoes are really rather heavy!

I hope you feel at least less painful when you read this anway!
    take care
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Exercise is good Caz... Just by stopping all chocolate, changing from sugar to Canderel [sp] and resuming playing squash, I have lost 8lb in 3 weeks...
  4. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

Like I always say: Eat Right, Live Healthy, Exercise - Die anyway. ;) :D :D :D

Kidding. Good for you. The pain is there to remind you you're still alive.
  5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

That's nothing John. I took the missus out shopping and I lost 70 pounds in less than 5 minutes!!!
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

buh dump crash!!!

(that was quite clever)
  7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

If you're sore after sport (which you shouldn't be if you warm up and and warm down properly) then I can recommend the following.

Go to the body shop and but a small bottle of essence of oil of lavender.

Run a hot bath, (or warm or tepid depending on the weather ;) ) and put 6 drops of the essence under the running tap.

Indulge yourself, and make it a deep bath that you can submerge all but your head.

Soak for one hour.

You'll feel fine the following morning.

Cost - £3.50 for the essence of oil of lavender - £0.26 for the water in the bath - being able to play cricket/tennis/football/Eton wall game on consecutive days when desired - priceless!
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a man in true touch with his feminine side if you ask me! :roll:
  9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I'm off to my exercise class soon. A sort of Extreme Pilates. The instructor is a sadist and I feel fantastic afterwards. Bit like banging your head against a brick wall. It's great when it stops...

No I don't really know why I do it. It obviously fills some kind of void in my life. Maybe I was a flagellati in a previous existence...
  10. NeilW

NeilW Member

My son managed to hurt his back a few weeks back (playing tennis was part of his too!).

He literally hobbled to the GP, who performed a chiropractry (no, I don't know how to spell it!) procedure on him - put his hands behind his head and then sort of lifted him by his arms. Noises of cracking from his back. He walked out almost normally and has been absolutely fine since! Definately a magic cure.

If it doesn't clear up quickly, it might be worth a visit...

11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Ouch! well you no my stance on excerise Caz, you just shouldn't do anything that takes effort :D

But then again i'm not surprised you've hurt your shoulder, I remember how tedious (and at times strenuous) rearranging an entire stock of shoe boxs was :eek:
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Coming from a man who'll need more than essence of Lavender Oil to get his teeth fixed. :mad:
  13. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

OOh a bit personal!
  14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Wow, I'm impressed! I haven't had chocolate since....monday! But more importantly I haven't had a drink since Sunday, which is good for me - I was in the habit of drinking something everyday.

As for exercise, I know it'is good for you.... I just wish it didn't hurt or make me hot and sweaty!
  15. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Same here, my legs hurt from cycling its also very painfull just sitting on them.
  16. shandy lee

shandy lee Member

We wont recognize you soon!
  17. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I stand on my legs. I sit on my bottom... you're weird.:tongue:
  18. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

nooo i meant sitting on the bike... but yes i am weird aswell.
  19. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I have been ordered by the doc and physio to do exercise, if I stop being active my lower spine gets extreamly painful and siezes up :( no chiropracty for me though it makes things worse in my case.

Exercise is therefore good :) it doesnt take long for the body to adjust, and the aches and pains just vanish! Trust me ;-)
  20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Watch out if you haven't done serious exercise for a while though! A bit like anything else ... slow, controlled planning is needed. I used to cycle a great deal which made someone think I could still be useful sprinting. Went through all the stretching, warm-ups, circuit training etc. at a club only to pull both hamstrings on my first speed-trial! (... I wasn't told that one of the guys was in the UK sprint squad though :mad: ).